Programming a line up

Don't really know specific fee's, have heard figures thrown about from local promoters for local gigs, would imagine Ibiza being a few more grand. I do know that the fee's vary depending on the size of the venue / capacity, ticket price etc with the fee being negotiated between promoters and agents, you probably had an idea of that already.

Not just fees though. It's rider, flights and accommodation, ground travel, drinks, meals, etc on top.

DJ's that I think are do-able as in I don't think their fees are astronomical...

Floating Points
Gerd Janson
Move D
Midland

And then if you had more budget for a headliner I'd go for Koze or Ame (Kristian)...predictable!

5 of them 3 hours plus each, decent sound and a bit of sunshine...I'd be in heaven!

Others that almost made the cut...Optimo, Ben UFO, Craig Richards, Bicep, DJ Sprinkles...

Stages and superstar djs can do one. I'm all about guerilla gigs, no advertising, strictly word of mouth, and receiving a call with instructions at a specified time at a pre-designated phonebox, at a Little Chef somewhere in the arse end of Hampshire. 500 people max. A camouflaged rig under netting and not visible from the main road. Eventually you find it and you've never seen anything like it. There's a rasta walking around with a cheetah on a lead, a couple of very old men doing the running man dance and a japanese woman doing the splits. A few hundred people are rushin' hard around them totally oblivious. To your right a man who looks like Terry Nutkins is sat down drinking a magic punch, the ingredients of which are strictly classified. To your left, some guy on a massive walkie talkie is freaking out. "You got busted Nigel!? WHAT?" The soundsystem is off the scale, a swirling 303 which goes on and on and on, it's a BITD acid classic. you have no idea where it comes from or who's playing it or what it is (almost certainly Hardfloor) You see some kids on a haystack inhaling a balloon and confiscate it. You enter into the spirit yourself and get stuck in.....Thereafter you remember nothing until you come round on a tatty sofa a few yards away. Some French girl in micro pants is biting your ear off about how commercial everything is these days. The music's calmed down. A few stragglers are still there. The cheetah's escaped. The rasta is agitated. Weatherall's classic mix of "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" is resonating around the place. You turn to 'Michelle' again but she's gone. And so are you on the Megabus home. Classic party though, man.
Copy and paste is a great concept.

Floating Points
Gerd Janson
Move D
Midland

And then if you had more budget for a headliner I'd go for Koze or Ame (Kristian)...

Others that almost made the cut...Optimo, Ben UFO, Craig Richards, Bicep, DJ Sprinkles...

Have you seen Phonox's second wave of line-ups?! Up your alley!

I'm really eager to check it out. Jasper James in on my radar. I may even consider membership if it lives up to expectations!

Back