Professional Face Painting

JelliNelli

Im wondering if any of you people would know how viable it would be to work the season as a Face/Body Painter??, I also use airbrushes and work with UV paints, and have an extensive childs/adults range of designs. This is my first querie so I havent even looked at the license requirements for working/my kits. Im fully insured and CRB checked in UK, but guessing that wont mean anything over there!!.
My friend is there now and has been gushing about the standard of painting there, and is sure I would "go down a storm", but she is probably partying hard!!!!!!!

My advice would be to go with enough cash to pay as much of your accomodation up front. That way you only have to earn sustenance and there will be less pressure on you.

Your business sounds like a perfect seasonal one, your success would come down to how many hours you are willing to put in but in the busier months I reckon you could make enough to get by.

If you were to set up as a proper business then there might be work to be had in kids clubs etc.

I was dragged kicking and screaming (honest!) to Clubland last year and there was someone charging €10 for a quick tatoo - esque design in UV paint around the eye. Loads of folk had it done so the person must've been doing okay but who knows who you go to for permission to do such things.

Hey Charlie, thanks for the feedback!, Im guessing the best way is to be hired by a hotel or club, but not really what I want,(used to working for myself!), thinking to do it legaly is gonna be a nightmare re tax etc, also mulling the implications of landing with a selection of uvs and hanging around the clubs, but with no work license etc..??????.
Perhaps a weeks holiday early on in the season to test the water and a whole heap of reserch this end before hand...........

It certainly wouldn't do you any harm to head out and check things over. I'm currently investigating the regulations regarding legally setting up a business and I'm a bit lost to be honest.

To set up business properly it is an absolute must to be able to speak Spanish, at the very least because it makes life so much easier.

I must admit, it wouldn't be the first time I've been approached on the beach or outside Mambo by face painters. I'm sure as long as you keep a low enough profile you could make some money without worrying about getting into trouble.

Your best bet would be to target specific nights, Clubland, Cream and the West End bars as that's where you'll be more likely to find folk up for getting coated in UV paint!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back