Private place to watch the sunset?

The more I think about it, I keep coming back to that place in my head. Es Bolado at Cala d'Hort is great - but the long stretch of cliffs at Cala Conta and coast there are hard to beat for a romantic stroll. Plus the whole Sunset experience in that area is magical - it's not 'closed in', the whole atmosphere is open and free, so much space in which to find somewhere to pop the question away from other people, and there's loads of beach right there too. Setting-wise, it's got pretty much every angle covered.

The restaurant does serve up fresh well cooked and fancily enough presented food in a beach / rockside setting (check the website - it's very representative), and if you book a table on the terrace you can definitely have a romantic meal on the doorstep in the outdoors. It's high end but not ostentatious in the way some town or inland restaurants are (which can be nice if you're out and about by the sea right before dinner and aren't going back to your apt / room to get dressed up). It's an option anyway.

Regardless of where you watch the sunset, the "threesome question" should only be asked when she's drunk.

"What about the side you can't see the sun setting?"

Unless you are in the middle of the island, like in San Rafael... and even then.. you can just go out to a nice hill top and see it from there. I was in San Antonio and in Ibiza city.

Man , I took the local BUS to des cavallet and I was stunned by the scenery all throughout, it was like I was thrown back in time. Like I was somewhere in Africa or somewhere exotic... and then a Scoda and a fancy Mercedez Benz went by. Honestly it seems like the island is just abounded by great scenery and it times it is so quiet the only thing that strikes you is the scenery and when I was in the bus all you had to do was look outside. So!, to me it seemed that anywhere near any coast should give you amazing views.

"What about the side you can't see the sun setting?"

Unless you are in the middle of the island, like in San Rafael... and even then.. you can just go out to a nice hill top and see it from there. I was in San Antonio and in Ibiza city.

Man , I took the local BUS to des cavallet and I was stunned by the scenery all throughout, it was like I was thrown back in time. Like I was somewhere in Africa or somewhere exotic... and then a Scoda and a fancy Mercedez Benz went by. Honestly it seems like the island is just abounded by great scenery and it times it is so quiet the only thing that strikes you is the scenery and when I was in the bus all you had to do was look outside. So!, to me it seemed that anywhere near any coast should give you amazing views.[/

As long you're on the side of the island where the sun sets - Because otherwise you'll just end up staring at the sea getting darker, which is okay but not awe inspiring - unless you are a goth.

The more I think about it, I keep coming back to that place in my head. Es Bolado at Cala d'Hort is great - but the long stretch of cliffs at Cala Conta and coast there are hard to beat for a romantic stroll. Plus the whole Sunset experience in that area is magical - it's not 'closed in', the whole atmosphere is open and free, so much space in which to find somewhere to pop the question away from other people, and there's loads of beach right there too. Setting-wise, it's got pretty much every angle covered.

The restaurant does serve up fresh well cooked and fancily enough presented food in a beach / rockside setting (check the website - it's very representative), and if you book a table on the terrace you can definitely have a romantic meal on the doorstep in the outdoors. It's high end but not ostentatious in the way some town or inland restaurants are (which can be nice if you're out and about by the sea right before dinner and aren't going back to your apt / room to get dressed up). It's an option anyway.

Do you know if you can see the sunset from there? It looks like that restaurant is on a ledge where I may have to walk a little north singer a better view since the sun sets more north in June. I'm sure we could walk somewhere where we could get a nice shot of the sunset on the water....it is on the west end after all. The restaurant looks great, we've never seen the rock either so it'll give us another reason. I might have to decide on this place, thanks for the thoughts!

Hostal La Torre..cap negret

Yeah, I used there to ask the question last summer. The marriage one that is, not the three's up or change of lanes suggest by my smuttier forum peers.

It was perfect. Unpretentious, not too busy and stunningly, naturally beautiful. Like the missus, a cheesemeister might f said in a similar situation....

Do you know if you can see the sunset from there? It looks like that restaurant is on a ledge where I may have to walk a little north singer a better view since the sun sets more north in June. I'm sure we could walk somewhere where we could get a nice shot of the sunset on the water....it is on the west end after all. The restaurant looks great, we've never seen the rock either so it'll give us another reason. I might have to decide on this place, thanks for the thoughts!

It's all flat and open round there so you get a great sunset view right round the area any time of year. If you zoom in on the map of the sunset bar round the corner (see link below) you can see how close it is - a few minutes' stroll. The road weaves back inland from Sunset Ashram and then you go off on a dirt track to get to restaurant where there's always parking if you're driving (it's signposted on the way to Sunset Ashram, which is very clearly signposted). s'illa d'es Bosc restaurant on the Sunset Ashram map is the building just to the left of the words "Rocas Maias" where that road loops closest to the sea.

A short stretch of coast separates the two and you can walk between them easily. I'm pretty sure you'll get a good view from the restaurant itself (I've only ever been for lunch there). Some reviews on here suggest that too :

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...s_Bosc-Sant_Josep_Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.html

Otherwise, Sunset Ashram has one of the best sunset views on the Island and the whole area in front and beach to the left and right of it on the map fills with people in the way "Mambo strip" used to be (without security guards checking straw labels). Only there's MASSES more space, a decent sized beach and hundreds of metres of cliffs to the East of the restaurant too). Sunset Ashram itself gets extremely busy (maybe not so much in June tho' - haven't been there at that time of the year in recent times). Also thought it might not be quite the best place to eat - not at all fancy, just pretty plain food there and not so great to be honest. It's such an easy stroll along to the s'illa d'es Bosc I'd rather eat there if you wanted to do sunset at the beach bar first. It's pretty standard pricing for slightly more upmarket restaurants on the island (i.e. reasonably pricey) - and the food is fine, fresh and well presented ... In truth I can count on one hand the number of times I've had amazing "fancy" food in Spain - the best food I've had in Ibiza has been fish served up in simple cheap 'shacks' rather than fancy restaurants !

Sunset Ashram info and map here :

http://www.sunsetashram.com/map.html

http://www.sunsetashram.com/sunsetbar.html

Regardless of where you watch the sunset, the "threesome question" should only be asked when she's drunk.

With all that talk of rings I thought trap 2 was being considered?

Yeah, I used there to ask the question last summer. The marriage one that is, not the three's up or change of lanes suggest by my smuttier forum peers.

:lol: :spank:

La Torre is a very beautiful spot near San An it has to be said and the sunset view from terrace is superb. Definitely agree it's a great spot for such romantic antics. It's obviously also much closer to get to and back from on account of the road speeds as well. But for a place with beautiful water, a great beach to spend some of the afternoon, and flow seamlessly through a great sunset into the evening and dinner all together in one location away from the chaos of San An etc., without having to break up your experience, I reckon Cala Conta is probs as good a location as any on the island to do it.

I did it at the end of May/beginning of June last year, over looking Es Vedra above Cala d'hort on the cliffs. I orginally wanted to do it from the pirate watch tower but it wasn't as easy as I thought to get to and we won't be able to climb that hill in our 70's! It was VERY peaceful, maybe not everyones cup of tea but the view is good.

I'd then booked a hot air ballon ride towards the sun set, which is what she'd always wanted. I couldn't do it that way because it would have spolit the surprise

These aren't my pictures but it was the same spot http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77215

Good luck

I did it at the end of May/beginning of June last year, over looking Es Vedra above Cala d'hort on the cliffs. I orginally wanted to do it from the pirate watch tower but it wasn't as easy as I thought to get to and we won't be able to climb that hill in our 70's! It was VERY peaceful, maybe not everyones cup of tea but the view is good.

I'd then booked a hot air ballon ride towards the sun set, which is what she'd always wanted. I couldn't do it that way because it would have spolit the surprise

These aren't my pictures but it was the same spot http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77215

Good luck

Yeah that's exactly the type of spot I'm looking for...preferably a 5-10min walk away from a nice restaurant. Don't think I'll be able to find your location via google maps though!

edit: it seems like that's near Restaurante Es Boldado. Could you do me a favor and look it on google maps and tell me if its north or south of the restaurant?

Last edited by a moderator:
But yeah, its lovely down there, you could get a cab, go for a long walk, come back and celebrate, providing she says yes.

Well I ended up doing it by Restaurante Boldado. Found a little trail that opened up into this perfect open landing on the edge of the cliff. Thanks for the help guys. She said yes btw :lol:

Oh and Boldado was great, their Cava Sangria was top

nDN85Q7.png

Well I ended up doing it by Restaurante Boldado. Found a little trail that opened up into this perfect open landing on the edge of the cliff. Thanks for the help guys. She said yes btw :lol:

Oh and Boldado was great, their Cava Sangria was top

nDN85Q7.png
Congrads Neo was that your first time there..?

Congrads Neo was that your first time there..?

Nope, 3rd time. We'll probably be coming again next year for the honeymoon :)

we actually got a chance to see different parts of the island other than the club and hotel room bed, each time gets better.

Back