Private place to watch the sunset?

Neo95gt

Anyone know a good spot, maybe close to a good restaurant where me and my gf can watch the sunset? A breach or cliff or anywhere with a nice view would work. There may be an important question involved :eek:

if it was me i wouldnt go to restaurant. research amazing places for sunsets which are secluded and go by yourselves with a bottle and a ring

The place (i can't remember the name but someone here will be able to help) that overlooks Es Vedra

^^ or the stones or watchtower at Sa Pedrera with ring and a bottle. Do a rekkie so you can find the road and path to take first if you haven't been before though ! Or if you're very serious and don't mind forking out a bit of money you could do it from somewhere very private - moored off Atlantis overlooking Es Vedra (if you don't mind having a captain around) :

http://www.mamboats.com/charter/sun-set

The boats are superb.

Loads of other fantastic places along the West / North West coasts with Sunset views (e.g. the whole of the cliffs round Cala Conta which are very easy to get to and you can wander off and find a quiet spot anywhere along a large stretch of coast). Always parking at Restaurant s'illa d'es Bosc if Sunset Ashram is rammo. The terrace up at Na Xamena is pretty spectacular too - just allow for a winding drive back in the dark afterwards.

if it was me i wouldnt go to restaurant. research amazing places for sunsets which are secluded and go by yourselves with a bottle and a ring

Yeah the only reason why I say by a restaurant is so we have some sort of landmark to tell the taxi to go to and have a reason to go there. Could be a nice walk from wherever I just wanted some sort of civilization close by so it's not in the middle of nowhere and the gf is thinking hmmm what's going in here.

^^ or the stones or watchtower at Sa Pedrera with ring and a bottle. Do a rekkie so you can find the road and path to take first if you haven't been before though ! Or if you're very serious and don't mind forking out a bit of money you could do it from somewhere very private - moored off Atlantis overlooking Es Vedra (if you don't mind having a captain around) :

http://www.mamboats.com/charter/sun-set

The boats are superb.

Loads of other fantastic places along the West / North West coasts with Sunset views (e.g. the whole of the cliffs round Cala Conta which are very easy to get to and you can wander off and find a quiet spot anywhere along a large stretch of coast). Always parking at Restaurant s'illa d'es Bosc if Sunset Ashram is rammo. The terrace up at Na Xamena is pretty spectacular too - just allow for a winding drive back in the dark afterwards.

Yeah I think the idea is to go to an area that has a nice restaurant to eat, but before or after maybe walk away from the restaurant and crowds off the beaten path a bit and find a nice place to sit down with a bottle. The only time I've been to the west end was for Mambo but that's way too crowded. But I dunno if you could walk to a nice little private place 5min away from there? I think I'd rather do somewhere away from the Mambo area, maybe more up north where the cliffs are, but just need to find some sort of good home base restaurant to plan around. I won't have time to do any recon work as we're staying in PDB. So I'm counting on a restaurant to use as a starting point and then with the help of google maps/earth, you and then hopefully we wonder along the right path!

Late June.
Ah, Ok. Because the two places that came to mind have nice sunsets in September but not as visible early in the season.

Still, one of them - Cap des Falco - is a nice spot. There's a new venue opening there this season.

Still, one of them - Cap des Falco - is a nice spot. There's a new venue opening there this season.

Love the place, and close to pdb

aa1ce3add9835e36_w600.png

Cap d'es Falco is amazing - but it's isolated and out on its own. The Hostal la Torre is very close to San An / Mambo - but a 5mn taxi ride rather than a walk and there's nothing else really in the immediate vicinity in terms of other things happening. If you go further along from Mambo round the prom you get to Es Calo d'es Moro, which is where I usually stay round there - 5-10 minute walk from the Mambo chaos but quieter - you won't be alone but far fewer people and usually a spot available for a private moment nearby. Problem is you need to go further round the coast (preferably by car) to get to a decent restaurant at La Torre !

Do you intend to pop the question before, during or looking over the Sunset, and before/after dinner ? Sounds daft but it does kind of make a difference to where might be ideal. If the restaurant itself is enough of a decoy, and it doesn't matter if it's on its own, then the options are greater. The s'illa d'es Bosc restaurant at Cala Conta is nice btw .. not so overwhelmingly fancy as to rouse suspicions and food is decent enough. It's also close enough to Sunset Ashram where there will be loads of people (so everything looking 'normal') and there are miles of cliffs immediately adjacent to walk off to for a private moment right on the doorstep.

http://www.silladesbosc.com/

The place is upmarket but laid back, and they're extremely helpful - called out a tow truck for my hire car and sorted everything after I went swimming between aperitif and my lunch being prepared ... with the key in my pocket :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a sunset bar then Khumaras is great for a cocktail and there is a little beach just in front that you can wander on to for the big question. It won't be too rammed and is just outside San Antonio. Get the water taxi from San An (near Eden) to the Fiesta Millord and walk round the sea path for less than 5 mins and you are there

http://www.kumharas.org/

Cap d'es Falco is amazing - but it's isolated and out on its own. The Hostal la Torre is very close to San An / Mambo - but a 5mn taxi ride rather than a walk and there's nothing else really in the immediate vicinity in terms of other things happening. If you go further along from Mambo round the prom you get to Es Calo d'es Moro, which is where I usually stay round there - 5-10 minute walk from the Mambo chaos but quieter - you won't be alone but far fewer people and usually a spot available for a private moment nearby. Problem is you need to go further round the coast (preferably by car) to get to a decent restaurant at La Torre !

Do you intend to pop the question before, during or looking over the Sunset, and before/after dinner ? Sounds daft but it does kind of make a difference to where might be ideal. If the restaurant itself is enough of a decoy, and it doesn't matter if it's on its own, then the options are greater. The s'illa d'es Bosc restaurant at Cala Conta is nice btw .. not so overwhelmingly fancy as to rouse suspicions and food is decent enough. It's also close enough to Sunset Ashram where there will be loads of people (so everything looking 'normal') and there are miles of cliffs immediately adjacent to walk off to for a private moment right on the doorstep.

http://www.silladesbosc.com/

The place is upmarket but laid back, and they're extremely helpful - called out a tow truck for my hire car and sorted everything after I went swimming between aperitif and my lunch being prepared ... with the key in my pocket :lol:.

Probably as the sun is going down or right after, before dinner. The restaurant can be fancy and by itself since we are always looking for nice places to eat with good food...so this wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Back