Price Of Alcohol In Supermarkets?

Jonny68

Apologies if this question has been asked before but going to Ibiza in a month for the first time,im aware of the scandalous rip off prices they charge in clubs for alcohol but surely the supermarkets/shops are a lot cheaper?

For example how much for a case of Heineken or a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka?:)

Dirt cheap ;)

Don't go for Heineken tho' - buy Spanish

litre of San Miguel was €1.50
Dunno about Vodka but its will be reasonable in the supermercados

macdonsj said:
Dirt cheap ;)

Don't go for Heineken tho' - buy Spanish

litre of San Miguel was €1.50
Dunno about Vodka but its will be reasonable in the supermercados

San Miguel will do nicely @ that price :)

the supermarkets outside the main centres are cheaper

ie. in wips in san an town, a bottle of vodka was nearly as much as a bottle of vodka here
however, go to spar round the bay, and you can pick up the same paintstripper for about 5 euros

but f*** it, you're on holiday!

Can you get Magners anywhere round San An?

I've only recently discovered it, and although its a bad idea to mix cider with most other drinks, I'd love a pint or two of it when I'm out there this year.

fatphilb said:
the supermarkets outside the main centres are cheaper

ie. in wips in san an town, a bottle of vodka was nearly as much as a bottle of vodka here
however, go to spar round the bay, and you can pick up the same paintstripper for about 5 euros

but f*** it, you're on holiday!
wont be staying or really frequenting San Antonio (staying away from the English lager louts) will be staying near ibiza Town i assume supermarket prices are much the same as San An Bay

you assume wrong i am afraid

ibiza town prices is a bit like comparing london with sheffield :D it is the main town and more expensive..but if you are staying there sure playa den bossa will be cheaper xxx but normal bars all over the island have great prices for drinks... be socialable:lol: its only clubs that hike up drink prices... sorry DEAK 77 i sell magners in the pink panther in san antonio bay xxx i am sure you will be able to get it other places xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
booze

Got 1L San Mig for €1.20 in PDB. If you are near Ibiza town, there is a Supermarket just up from Lidl that is really cheap. Found wine for at least €1 less than in Spar. Also got a deal on Bells, 1L for €10.35.

Have fun.

do they do massive bottles of bacardi? just that my mate wants me to bring her bk some and am wondering if its cheaper than duty free??

im a vodka drinker so how much is a bottle of vodka out there, im stayin venus apartments, so whichever supermarkets closest is the one il b shopping from xx

i can't believe someone's mentioned lidl in the same breath as recommending somewhere else for cheap booze.
lidl
good german beer 25 cents a tin
whisky €3
cava €1.29
fino €1.39
etc etc

If you are realy out for a pissup, and some wierd funny people,
Go to the "MANA-MANA" bar in playa den bossa, there is a happy hour there every day between 8 - 10 and the drinks are dirt cheap, and i mean cheap. they are like 1 euro a codka lemon, basically during those 2 hours everything is 1 euro, and after that it goes back to about 3 -4 euros!! so buy a lot in the last few minutes, otherwise you willlllll regret it.
We go there every now an then, if we are up for a piss up!!

Have funn,
Fred

suepink said:
ibiza town prices is a bit like comparing london with sheffield :D it is the main town and more expensive..but if you are staying there sure playa den bossa will be cheaper xxx but normal bars all over the island have great prices for drinks... be socialable:lol: its only clubs that hike up drink prices... sorry DEAK 77 i sell magners in the pink panther in san antonio bay xxx i am sure you will be able to get it other places xxxx

Cheers sue, sounds like more than a good reason to drop by ;)

There are various types of vodka to buy including;

Smirnoff
Smolskinoff
Stolickoff
Rushkinoff

Anymore people can think off?

Lukes said:
There are various types of vodka to buy including;

Smirnoff
Smolskinoff
Stolickoff
Rushkinoff

Anymore people can think off?

Rushkinoff made me so ill last time I was there :lol:

Stop it, Stop it now:evil:
you are all making me thirsty;)
But come september i'll drink the island dry of it's San Miguel:D

73's & have a great holiday all of you
dave

Just a footnote concerning Suepink's comment:

Sue is 100% correct about being sociable & drinking in the bar's etc ( afterall it's in the spanish bar where one can find the true spanish social ambiance or an english bar for meeting ex pat's who live on the island) as opposed to buying alchohol in the already overpriced nightclub's. Good point Sue

73's
dave

PS: What is Magner's:confused:

Reythor vodka...mmh:rolleyes::lol:
IBIZA%202005%20191.jpg

IBIZA%202005%20191.html
8)

Back