President Obama

djjaycool

USA President Obama is in Republic of Ireland and coming to the UK. Glad he made the trip or could you care less?

To digress slightly - I love the story about the little town in Ireland that was home to his great great great grandfather. He's stopping by for an hour or two on the trip. They've apparently spruced the whole place up for his visit.

USA President Obama is in Republic of Ireland and coming to the UK. Glad he made the trip or could you care less?

Could not care less.

Don't get me wrong, I give thanks that he came along when he did etc etc.

I do find it grim how big a deal we brits make of the 'special relationship' - there is no such thing, and nor should there be. Just makes us look like a desperate ex.

To digress slightly - I love the story about the little town in Ireland that was home to his great great great grandfather. He's stopping by for an hour or two on the trip. They've apparently spruced the whole place up for his visit.

American politician in tenuous link to ireland with upcoming election shocker!

My last name is Irish and I have someone way back who came from Ireland. I guess it is good to embrace you heritage.

Could not care less.

Don't get me wrong, I give thanks that he came along when he did etc etc.

I do find it grim how big a deal we brits make of the 'special relationship' - there is no such thing, and nor should there be. Just makes us look like a desperate ex.

We English speaking countries need to stick together, even if your side has an accent;) (which I love from the ladies):lol:

Just after watching obama sinking pint of guinness in the village of moneygall,he and michelle shook nearly ever hand in the village before they left and looked like they had a great time..there heading back to dublin now to give address at collage green in the city..

And they have to sit for a few songs from westlife and the f*ckin saw doctors.. even he does`nt deserve such punishment...:D:)

Very Glad he made the Trip. 4 Chinook helicopters and the presidents one flew over our house shaking the place.

President O'Bama as they are calling him here now.....:) was a huge success especially his speech in Dublin where he addressed over 100.000 people.

Very strong links both cultural and buisness between Ireland-America and the Democrats were always fond of the Green factor.

Moneygall was the small village he visited and he actually drank a pint of Guinness there in a small family pub.

Picked up a mobile phone from a random girl in the crowd and asked who it was on the other side and started to have a conversation with them

Historic occasion for Ireland and he was most welcome. In fact he really did a great job and has given hope to the country the way he reached out to people with his speech.

Lots of American Election posters "vote on Nov 4th" in view and of course the Irish tourism industry will be milking this exposure big time, especially to the American-Irish.

The Queen was a hard act to follow but he worked the crowd brilliantly shaking hands, kissing babies and taking photos.

A Good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Glad he made the Trip. 4 Chinook helicopters and the presidents one flew over our house shaking the place.

President O'Bama as they are calling him here now.....:) was a huge success especially his speech in Dublin where he addressed over 100.000 people.

Very strong links both cultural and buisness between Ireland-America and the Democrats were always fond of the Green factor.

Moneygall was the small village he visited and he actually drank a pint of Guinness there in a small family pub.

Picked up a mobile phone from a random girl in the crowd and asked who it was on the other side and started to have a conversation with them

Historic occasion for Ireland and he was most welcome. In fact he really did a great job and has given hope to the country the way he reached out to people with his speech.

Lots of American Election posters "vote on Nov 4th" in view and of course the Irish tourism industry will be milking this exposure big time, especially to the American-Irish.

The Queen was a hard act to follow but he worked the crowd brilliantly shaking hands, kissing babies and taking photos.

A Good day.
It's good the USA has a statesman that can make a good impression on the world stage

It's good the USA has a statesman that can make a good impression on the world stage

agreed

I think he's the most human president the US has had since Carter - obviously there's always an element of PR with all the happy family stuff - but he does seem the real deal

too early to judge his record but on health, foreign policy and maybe the economy too, the early signs are a massive improvement on what went before

Back