Pre Pacha Drinks

lil' Joey

I am heading down to Pacha for the first time, this weekend. Can any one recomend a good place fro pre club drinks around that area? :D

lil' Joey said:
I am heading down to Pacha for the first time, this weekend. Can any one recomend a good place fro pre club drinks around that area? :D

Victoria is pants for pre-clubbing bars, there's a few pubs near the station but none that you would really choose to go into :rolleyes: :confused:

Ibiza-girlie said:
isnt Pacha far away, Elephant and castle isnt exactly cetral London is it?

Pacha is in Victoria so it's pretty central, it's just useless for pre-club drinks as there's nothing much there in an evening cept for Pacha.

Ministry is in Elephant and Castle, just South of the river, again dire for pre-club drinks.

Ibiza-girlie said:
oh right! so where is ministry held? do they have their own kind of club? here we just have Ministry nights!

Ministry of Sound the club is in Elephant and Castle, it is predominantly funky house every Saturday these days. You get people like Louie Vega, Jon Carter, Junior Jack & Kid Creme etc there. There's 3 rooms (the Box, the Bar and the Baby Box), you would probably like it cos you can have full-on night in the Box but if you want you could spend the night in the Bar area which is still damn good music and have less of a mad one.

Ibiza-girlie said:
sounds like fun to me! 8)

Oops between us we have both hijacked Joey's thread :oops:

Sorry Joey, in reply to your original question you are best off going elsewhere for drinks and then getting taxi/tube to Pacha but get to Pacha soon after it opens cos queues are a nightmare.

we arrived @ Pacha a little too early once, couldnt be arsed to drive around looking for a place to drink so had a couple in the station :confused: :eek: :lol: :lol: great for erm, errr, er people watching :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to mention yesterday when we were saying how awful it was to find a decent bar near Ministry that it was just as bad at Victoria for Pacha.

IBIZALISA said:
we arrived @ Pacha a little too early once, couldnt be arsed to drive around looking for a place to drink so had a couple in the station :confused: :eek: :lol: :lol: great for erm, errr, er people watching :rolleyes:

The scary thing is that the bar in the station is probably the best one to go to in that area :eek:

IBIZALISA said:

PMSL Station bars...............they're the new clubs :p :lol: ;)

Barbie said:
IBIZALISA said:

PMSL Station bars...............they're the new clubs :p :lol: ;)

You find some strange ones in there I tell you :lol: :lol: :lol: You can imagine the looks we got, dressed up to go clubbing sitting in the station with a glass of wine :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone for you advice. I am sure i can find somewhere for a ickle tot. Even if it is the station bar. Here i go with a bad jock, Station bars, is that taking clubbing back to the underground. Sorry :oops:

I'll answer my own question, its HK aint it. Well have a great time, I'm sure you will, as Stonebridge is playing, and Matt Collins, am jealous a tad :( :D ;) :p

lil' Joey said:
Thanks everyone for you advice. I am sure i can find somewhere for a ickle tot. Even if it is the station bar. Here i go with a bad jock, Station bars, is that taking clubbing back to the underground. Sorry :oops:

PMSL :lol:

You read it here first, station bars it's where everyone's going to be in 2004 :D

Have you ever tried a station bar AFTER a club :eek: I thought they were immune to licensing laws so one night me and Tom left Ministry and instead of getting a taxi home (booooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggg :p ) thought we would visit a few stations, we ended up in Paddington and he fancied a cup of tea :rolleyes: and I quite fancied a wine so we went to the bar and he asked for a glass for me. I don't know whether the look the man serving gave me was one of horror, pity (for Tom :p ) or just downright despair :confused: :p

So the moral of the story is that if these station bars are going to take off we want alcohol 24/7 :D

Barbie said:
lil' Joey said:

PMSL :lol:

You read it here first, station bars it's where everyone's going to be in 2004 :D

Have you ever tried a station bar AFTER a club :eek: I thought they were immune to licensing laws so one night me and Tom left Ministry and instead of getting a taxi home (booooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggg :p ) thought we would visit a few stations, we ended up in Paddington and he fancied a cup of tea :rolleyes: and I quite fancied a wine so we went to the bar and he asked for a glass for me. I don't know whether the look the man serving gave me was one of horror, pity (for Tom :p ) or just downright despair :confused: :p

So the moral of the story is that if these station bars are going to take off we want alcohol 24/7 :D

I thought you could too! You can get it on trains 24/7 i think.

Back