Prague?

Not the most rockin bar in the world, but a great place if you want to sit and get sloshed on vesper cocktails with your mates. Its called Bar and Books, right in the middle of the old town. Worth a visit.

J

It's many years since I went on a boys do but it is without doubt the best city we have visited on our travels.

Girls 9/10
Ale prices 10/10
Food prices 10/10
Girly bars 9/10
Clubs 6/10

The sightseeing isn't half bad either.

Sadly I think like many such cities around the world, prices have rocketed but mates who went recently said the place was livlier than ever yet more expensive.

Rather a vague reply I know but trying to say, you should have a brilliant time :)

It's many years since I went on a boys do but it is without doubt the best city we have visited on our travels.

Girls 9/10
Ale prices 10/10
Food prices 10/10
Girly bars 9/10
Clubs 6/10

smell of sausage on every street corner 1/10 (esp if you have a raging hangover)

Thought it was a bit meh, went to one club, the duplex which was like dancing about in a baked bean can, didn't find much in the way of decent bars but maybe we were in the wrong part of town, beatiful city and the women are hot though;)

its a great city to visit, but i cant say i had much fun in the ONE "club" i went to. can't even remember the name. but i was there for new year's and the bash in old town square more than made up for it. absinthe and champagne all about!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, don't know when You're gonna go, during the summer the clubs can be half empty as the locals are off the city. The best club to go is by my opinion Mecca - it's in part of the city called Holesovice - 3 minutes from the city center by car or taxi. It's open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, Vodka+Redbull is up to 6,50€ (on Wednesday is voka half price).
There are clubs in the center as Radost FX, Duplex, Celnice and Roxy and others I have never been to. From those above I'd recomend Roxy, but it's a little underground - it's open every day but can't say anything about the prices, it's been ages I was there the last time.
Even the prices here grow up, I think You'll be satisfied with the prices here (beer especialy), they are much lower than in Ibiza;-).

Hope this helps a little;-).

All replies much appreciated! Heading there at New Year... dont suppose there is anything special planned in the main square etc or in Mecca??
Many good DJ's visit??

Usualy there are celebrations at Old town square and Vaclavske square wich are the two main in the city center, not my cup of tea so I can't say anything about it as I've never been to. For the New Years programme see http://www.mecca.cz , but it's quite early now. Last two years there were Lisa Loud and Lee Dagger and some local DJs. There come some interesting DJs ( like now in September - Eric Prydz, Judge Jules ) to Mecca during the year but usualy not at Christmas time and New Year - but who knows it can be different this year;).
L.

Try looking here for some info http://www.pragueexperience.com/

I unfortunately missed a stag do there in May, but my friends had a wicked time.

They even went on shooting day, they were let free with ak47's and M16's with stinking hangovers. :eek: i think its on that site also.

One thing they did say was not to book any excursions beforehand, it was cheaper when there.

Back