Practical jokes on colleagues

Morbyd

So, who here gets up to mischief in the workplace?

One of the more banal responsibilities of my department is to put together a weekly calendar of events for everyone in the office... exhibits, concerts, parties, etc. Got a note today, with my assistant cc:ed, saying that one of the higher-ups wanted us to also help people get tickets to such events. My assistant was really upset about this, rightfully seeing herself as being here for her brain, not for her ability to call around town organizing tickets for people who are perfectly capable of going on to any of the local ticket websites. I told her this morning not to worry... my junior assistant (on vacation at present) likes handling that type of stuff and anyway in most cases we'll be telling people to do it themselves.

This afternoon, I had one of the guys from another department call her up about tickets to Madam Butterfly and Hamlet. Within seconds, she was in my office freaking out :lol:

Not as bad as the time when she asked if she could go home 10 minutes before the end of the workday. I said hold on, I might have something for her to do (the intention was just to make her wait until the end of the day). I left on time but forgot to tell her she was free to go... she sat there for another 40 minutes :oops::lol::oops::lol::lol:

my favourite is to doctor emails when mates send out stuff and pretend they have accidentally cc'd in a Partner by mistake - :lol::lol::lol:

At one of my old jobs we used to play practical silly jokes on each other all the time. Such as putting black marker pen on the earpiece of each others phones.
We also sellotaped one boys received to the actual phoneset......we then rang his number, he ran over to pick it up and he picked up the whole phone where the receiver was stuck down :lol:

At my old job before being here one of my colleagues left his tuna sandwich in one of the other boys drawers (he was on holiday for a week). Well you can imagine the smell when he did finally open his drawer. We were all waiting for the moment he did :lol:

A girl I work with here loves a practical joke. She does the best telephone voice and never laughs or gives it away. Anyway another one of our colleagues has a very lazy brother who will do anything to get out of not working. Anyway he had just been sacked by Sky for being lazy.....he then wanted to apply for a Royal Mail job......my friend who is good at the voices phoned him up saying he had an interview but would he be ok to come to Gloucester for it (this was the time the floods were real bad). He seemed up for it and said yeah that would be fine. She then told him that he would have to get on a dinghy to get across to where Royal Mail were based :lol: They then let him go out and buy a new suit thinking he had the interview when it fact it was all lies.
Harsh! :p

At one of my old jobs we used to play practical silly jokes on each other all the time. Such as putting black marker pen on the earpiece of each others phones.
We also sellotaped one boys received to the actual phoneset......we then rang his number, he ran over to pick it up and he picked up the whole phone where the receiver was stuck down :lol:

At my old job before being here one of my colleagues left his tuna sandwich in one of the other boys drawers (he was on holiday for a week). Well you can imagine the smell when he did finally open his drawer. We were all waiting for the moment he did :lol:

A girl I work with here loves a practical joke. She does the best telephone voice and never laughs or gives it away. Anyway another one of our colleagues has a very lazy brother who will do anything to get out of not working. Anyway he had just been sacked by Sky for being lazy.....he then wanted to apply for a Royal Mail job......my friend who is good at the voices phoned him up saying he had an interview but would he be ok to come to Gloucester for it (this was the time the floods were real bad). He seemed up for it and said yeah that would be fine. She then told him that he would have to get on a dinghy to get across to where Royal Mail were based :lol: They then let him go out and buy a new suit thinking he had the interview when it fact it was all lies.
Harsh! :p

I clearly need to devote MORE time to jolly japes in the office - :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dont get involved in any now :cry:

This same girl I said about above called up one of our colleagues after she had left work with another fake telephone voice and told her she had won a years supply of sausages.

The girl she phoned up is a Muslim and doesnt eat pork.........:eek::oops::lol:

I dont get involved in any now :cry:

This same girl I said about above called up one of our colleagues after she had left work with another fake telephone voice and told her she had won a years supply of sausages.

The girl she phoned up is a Muslim and doesnt eat pork.........:eek::oops::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am too bloody busy to have a laugh at work these days (although yesterday here on the board was a welcome exception..... lol)

Some more from the same girl (just asked her to provide me with some :lol:):

She rang my friends brother to tell him he had booked tickets for Hairspray on yesterdays date even though he wanted them for the day he booked them. Made him think he couldnt get a refund.

Phoned me up saying that a girl upstairs had had her insulin delivered to our offices and that I had signed for them but she never got the parcel, I didnt have a clue and I then felt very bad as I thought some poor girl was walking around without her insulin :eek:

My other friend I said about with the brother was into his modelling at one point, thought he could be a Calvin Klein model etc etc. She emailed him pretending to be from a catalogue saying that she had seen his profile on My Space about modelling and wondered if he would be interested. If so could he send some "swimwear" and "boxer shorts" photos across. The poor love did so and she then sent the email to all the secretaries. Boy did we laugh! Him posing in his undies! :lol:

You can't beat cling film over the toilet seat ;) :lol:

We've done the typical Garage type practical jokes on apprentice mechanics. Like :- ' Go to the iron mongers and ask for a long weight, while there ask them for a box of blue sparks for the grinder, stripey paint etc etc, that sort of crap malarky. :rolleyes:

some we have done in recent years:

Selotaped the "hang up" button on someones phone so when the picked it up it still rang.

Emptied the hole punch into someones bag.

jumped onto someones computer and sent joke emails so its from them, eg, we knew this guy was quite keen on a girl upstairs an that they had been emailing, anyway it went on for a few months and they eventually went out on a couple of dates. On the morning after abiutb the 2nd date when he went to the loo we wrote an email to this girl from his pc saying thanks for last night etc, i really think im falling for you :lol:

neither of them were impressed.

One guy in my old place was your typical no personality, clothes from next tosspot who one day bought himself a BMW Z3 (this was a few years back).

Day after day he'd drop some reference to the car into any conversation to the point it became ridiculous.

So a colleague stuck a "FOR SALE" sign on the winscreen in the busy car park (shared with a few other companies) with the tosspot's phonenumber and a ridiculously low price.

It took a good few calls before he twigged something was up....

We'bve all done the sellotape over the bottom of an optical mouse, swopping z/x (or n and m) keys and even filled someone's umbrella with the contents of a (industrial) hole puncher, but if you're feeling really wicked, and they leave their desk unattended, add (or edit) an email signature to their outlook/email client. Something offensive/amusing. Up to you.

The key is - put in white text. They won't see it when they're typing away however anyone on a different email client outside the organisation will as it'll lose formatting and appear as black text when it reaches them.

I'm not saying Insurance people are dull...

We'bve all done the sellotape over the bottom of an optical mouse, swopping z/x (or n and m) keys and even filled someone's umbrella with the contents of a (industrial) hole puncher, but if you're feeling really wicked, and they leave their desk unattended, add (or edit) an email signature to their outlook/email client. Something offensive/amusing. Up to you.

The key is - put in white text. They won't see it when they're typing away however anyone on a different email client outside the organisation will as it'll lose formatting and appear as black text when it reaches them.

I'm not saying Insurance people are dull...

I so want to do the sellotape over the mouse trick :lol:

There was a total jobsworth security guard on the door of the telephone exchange where I once worked.
He had just bought a new car that was his pride and joy.
There was a telephone box close to the staff car park. We waited for an old lady to walk past it and called it from our 2nd floor office.
We said that we worked in the exchange and had to go up into London on business and was worried that we had forgotton to lock our car door. Would she mind checking the red fiesta for us.
Meanwhile someone else was on the other phone to said security guard telling him someone was trying to nick his car.
Thus, 10 guys watching out of the window to a scene of utter chaos, Mr Jobsworth jumping up and down trying to make a citizens arrest.

:lol:Not a work colleague but we rang a fellow school mate and convinced him he was on the radio & had won a holiday to America via faking a pop quiz.

I can still remember him shouting ... mum who did Billie Jean?

Elton John.

It's Elton John.

...Lucky for you one more chance for the holiday:lol:

I used to work at a leisure center many years ago, The favorite there was to cling film the bog then take the bulb out (no windows/other light):lol:

Have a good one
Tim

just remembered one - very childish but it still makes me chuckle now remembering her confused look.......

years and years ago we used to have this lovely lass who worked with us, really kind but very naive and usual 10 mins behind everyone else in a joke bless her!!

Anyway she used to wear this massive blanket coat with but huuuge cuffs on the sleeves - one day we filled her cuffs up with paperclips - we must have emptied 2 large boxes into them. We walked to the metro with her to go home and everytime she lifted an arm ie to put her money in the machine/collect her ticket - well move basically, a shower of paperclips would fall around her - I really dont think she cottoned on until she got home and even then someone had to tell her where they were coming from....

the look of puzzlement / confusion on her little face for the full journey home was just :lol::lol:

Working in a Racing Yard riding racehorses, when one guy a Virgin, got a promise off another female Jock that he was invited back to her flat later for some action.

Being excited and scared at the same time and uncertain of the female anatomy, he asked the rest of us guys what the basic logistic maneuvers would be. Big Mistake!:p

First off we gave him a condom, told him how to put it on. Importantly before he put it on he had to rub some some cream onto his Lad to ensure the condom would glide on easily.

The "cream" we gave him was Deep Heat!!

About an hour later he burst through the door screaming in pain holding his crotch...

After falling around the place laughing for a while we eventually noticed that he was genuinely hurting. We had to put him in a bath of cold water for 2 hours before the pain subsided. It was a week before it was back to normal again.

The girl thought that he had come early :oops:and rushed off home in embarrassment. We told her the full story and she laughed, along with the rest of us for weeks. We convinced her to give him another chance, which she did, so it was a happy end to an amusing story.

Back