POOR INNOCENT MAN THAT WAS SHOT

I don't think the cops should get charged for it, with murder or with manslaughter. This coming from someone who, from the very beginning (and against the consensus of many Spotlighters) thought that the police had screwed up bigtime.

It's a horrible tragedy - full restitution should be paid to the family, public apologies from all involved (for the act and the cover-up), probably suspension of officers involved.

And a lot of blame should go to the terrorists who put London, and its police force, on edge.

x-amount said:
Though not sure I'm liking the demonisation of our police force from our international board members.

(Especially one from Russia ;) )
I'm probably one of the few people here who has actually dealt with the Metropolitan Police for work! ;)

Morbyd said:
I don't think the cops should get charged for it, with murder or with manslaughter.

What would a policeman or woman have to do to get charged with murder or manslaughter then?

Dr Mick said:
What would a policeman or woman have to do to get charged with murder or manslaughter then?
Good question. I don't have the answer.

But if they do charge these guys and there's a trial and they get acquitted, that would be worse for everyone.

The thing that annoys me is they had no respect for the dead man, they deliberately put out misleading information about the circumstances surrounding his killing.

Back