Police raids and after hours action

I-Spy

A bit of mixed news from the Island.
On Thursday night a bar called Izay which has holding a few low key nights (a bit like Grial) was raided by some special type of police, plain clothes but complete with masks.
They searched everybody....including the staff.
Also right now, there are police road blocks most nights and everybody gets breath tested.
A bit of a gauntlet I can tell you.
I have also heard rumour that they plan to introduce randam swab testing and if this tests positive they have the right to search your home.
So everyone should be a LOT more careful this year. It is not like it was.
On the other side.. Regarding the proposed after hour ban. Nothing is in force yet, as Saturday morning 'Montana' was still rocking until lunchtime, when I decided to call it a day.
But come summer, Space are going to open at 12 miday for both the opening on June 1st and for 'We Love' opening. But this is a special concession. The rest of summer it will open at 4.30pm.
But here's the interesting part. The San Antonio mayor has refused the sign the prohibition, so this ruling will not be enforced in his district. However he has said that no clubs with a capacity of 1500 people and above are alowed to open before 4.30pm.
The other councils are pretty unhappy about this, they originally wanted the opening times to be from 6pm and only moved it to 4.30pm because of pressure from San Antonio. Then they pulled out of the deal altogether.
So it looks as though the after hour scene is going to be concentrated in smaller venues in San Antonio. Ibiza Rocks Hotel bar could be opening 24 hours.

... it looks as though the after hour scene
is going to be concentrated in smaller venues in San Antonio ...
... it looks as though the after hour + the dayparty-scene
is gone ..."

Last edited by a moderator:
A I believe was mentioned in the other thread in the Ibiza Parties section, the sad thing is not the closure of "after hours" but the end of afternoon parties.

At my age, it's no longer such a badge of honor to party right through all night and into the afternoon. I likes me sleep.

However, being able to dance under the afternoon sun was always a nice option. The difference between 2 or 3 pm and 4:30 is not huge, but it's disappointing. I guess that just means a little more beach time before hitting the club, and less of a break between afternoon and nighttime sessions!

That really means a chance in Ibiza... :rolleyes: Difficult to assume for me... day parties for me allways has been the best thing in Ibiza... :cry:

It's not the end of the world but on occasions you wouldn't mind going from one club that finishes at say 6am to another like Space that is just opening if your still feeling energetic, does this spell the end for promoters like WLS @ space then?DC10 wouldn't interest me anyway as i couldn't hack listening to that music but Space is a cool club but not the best in Ibiza.

Last edited by a moderator:
A I believe was mentioned in the other thread in the Ibiza Parties section, the sad thing is not the closure of "after hours" but the end of afternoon parties.

At my age, it's no longer such a badge of honor to party right through all night and into the afternoon. I likes me sleep.

However, being able to dance under the afternoon sun was always a nice option. The difference between 2 or 3 pm and 4:30 is not huge, but it's disappointing. I guess that just means a little more beach time before hitting the club, and less of a break between afternoon and nighttime sessions!

I'm only 20 and I would much rather have afternoon parties in the sun, than night parties any day!

There's something euphoric about dancing under the sun you just don't get from night parties.

We will still be able to do it (dancing in the sun that is).

Thing is (looking on the positive). it's Ibiza, it's summer - there are still a good few hours of sun left. Atmosphere might be fairly mental as everyone gets in bang on 4.30 & hits the ground running.

I've been thinking that myself, everyone is going to be heaving to go come 4:30pm. It could just make the parties even more mental! Here's Hoping! :p

We will still be able to do it (dancing in the sun that is).

Thing is (looking on the positive). it's Ibiza, it's summer - there are still a good few hours of sun left. Atmosphere might be fairly mental as everyone gets in bang on 4.30 & hits the ground running.

i agree... 4:30 isn't so bad for dc10 and we love... only one is Matinee.

missing one party isn't so bad!

This means there will be even more people in DC10 between 16.30 and 22h:evil:
(Or maybe you're just one of the lucky '65' :) )

Actually I could accept that parties start at 12h instead of 8, but 16.30 or even 18h:eek: is really :spank: :cry:

This is bad, very bad.
This could mean my last year in Ibiza.

This means there will be even more people in DC10 between 16.30 and 22h:evil:
(Or maybe you're just one of the lucky '65' :) )

Actually I could accept that parties start at 12h instead of 8, but 16.30 or even 18h:eek: is really :spank: :cry:

This is bad, very bad.
This could mean my last year in Ibiza.

:lol::lol: dear god, i'd hate to be stuck with you in a crisis.

:lol::lol: dear god, i'd hate to be stuck with you in a crisis.

Only preparing for the worse
Last year I was there when borabora, DC10 & Amnesia where closed.
Big catastrophy when I first heard it, but actually it turned out ok. Borabora just moved to the other bar and Circoloco magically reopened the morning of our last day:D Only amnesia stayed closed.

But this year and probably forever.
1) Borabora
2) Matinée
3) Circoloco
4) We love Space
are affected.

And these daypartys are just the things that made Ibiza sooo special :cry:

Also this year our flight leaves at 23:00 the Saturday of Matinée Closing so this means no closingparty at all as the doors only open at 18h in the evening.:(
(Maybe they should change the name to 'Soirée' closing.)

I hope they reconsider and just stick with the 12h law...:!:

Just heard today another rumour, that Space for 'We Love' may be granted an exception to open at 12 miday... because it's a Sunday.

Just heard today another rumour, that Space for 'We Love' may be granted an exception to open at 12 miday... because it's a Sunday.

Excellent - church first, then pop straight into Space for some holy communion...... 8)8)8)

o.k im confused again, in the other 'after hours' thread someone said today matinee cant open until 6pm? What is this all about? Its not changed again as it?

Cheers Mr Rackin!

That doesn't make sense though, why open at 6pm when they can open at 4:30pm even more so for Matinee!

Back