PLAYA SOLEIL

Happy to hear you still found the Ibiza magic after 12 years!
Like you, I didn't recognise many tunes, so you might be right about the majority being recent releases but I recognised this one, or at least a version of it.
that's a beast, yes I remember it being played though I didn't know it beforehand.

Anyone been to palmarama and can advise a good time to arrive? Thinking about checking it out tonight.
I've only been to Palmarama once this year when Sven played a couple of weeks ago and I arrived when the party had already moved to the "inside" club so I can't really tell you when things really kicked off on the terrace but I guess around 8:30/9:00 pm is a good time to go.

Quick report on our first visit to Playa Soleil for All Day I Dream on Monday 9th 2024:

We arrived around 10pm and there was a relatively smallish crowd in the “Front” (closest to the sea but all doors closed) part of the building … Lee Burridge was playing and the sound wasn’t great with lots of crowd noise audible … drinks were typical Ushuaia offering (ie Heineken in metal bottles and horrible blue tonic water) … outside areas are quite nice and we sat outside for a while and met a really cool guy from Argentina … by 2300 we end back inside and everything had moved further inside (back) into the main room which is very nice and reminded me of Heart crossed with Akasha with a nice upstairs area … the sound was much better and Made by Pete had taken over for an hour or so … the dancefloor was pretty full and Lee Burridge came back at midnight and played some nice stuff and seemed to be enjoying himself and the vibe was pretty excellent … we left at 0115 and would thoroughly recommend given it’s a free party

I've only been to Palmarama once this year when Sven played a couple of weeks ago and I arrived when the party had already moved to the "inside" club so I can't really tell you when things really kicked off on the terrace but I guess around 8:30/9:00 pm is a good time to go.
Thanks. We wound up getting a later start and didn't arrive until after midnight. Party was in the 'back' and was in full swing. Meduza isn't my preferred style of music but my wife liked it and the venue was quite nice, good sized friendly crowd, easy to find room on the dancefloor while still being full. this was our last night before flying home on monday so chose this venue/party to have more room to move after a pretty rammed night at amnesia and for an early night out. we'll def go back.

Quick report on our first visit to Playa Soleil for All Day I Dream on Monday 9th 2024:

We arrived around 10pm and there was a relatively smallish crowd in the “Front” (closest to the sea but all doors closed) part of the building … Lee Burridge was playing and the sound wasn’t great with lots of crowd noise audible … drinks were typical Ushuaia offering (ie Heineken in metal bottles and horrible blue tonic water) … outside areas are quite nice and we sat outside for a while and met a really cool guy from Argentina … by 2300 we end back inside and everything had moved further inside (back) into the main room which is very nice and reminded me of Heart crossed with Akasha with a nice upstairs area … the sound was much better and Made by Pete had taken over for an hour or so … the dancefloor was pretty full and Lee Burridge came back at midnight and played some nice stuff and seemed to be enjoying himself and the vibe was pretty excellent … we left at 0115 and would thoroughly recommend given it’s a free party
Yes, it was another great night yesterday, this is fast becoming one of my favourite party, no phones, friendly and seriously dancing happy people, zero attitude!
Another 3 weeks and it will be over so if you have a chance, check it out.
I really hope it comes back next year!

We returned to Playa Soliel on Friday for Rumors on Friday entering at just after 7 and they were strict on the door about paying after 7 although our free tickets secured before the pricing had been were honoured but our friends had to pay (€25) … I was surprised that the party was in the back room and dance floor full as soon as we got there and Heidi Lawden was excellent initially but the b2b with Cassy was too tech house for me and quite boring … Guy Gerber was decent too … we had a lot of fun with great fun crowd and we left around 0145 so not sure when it finished … thoroughly recommend the venue

We returned to Playa Soliel on Friday for Rumors on Friday entering at just after 7 and they were strict on the door about paying after 7 although our free tickets secured before the pricing had been were honoured but our friends had to pay (€25) … I was surprised that the party was in the back room and dance floor full as soon as we got there and Heidi Lawden was excellent initially but the b2b with Cassy was too tech house for me and quite boring … Guy Gerber was decent too … we had a lot of fun with great fun crowd and we left around 0145 so not sure when it finished … thoroughly recommend the venue
Back tomorrow for All Day I Dream? 😉

Guy Gerber is at Rumors tho not All Day I Dream, the times I went he was on at 11:00 pm
Thanks! Apologies , I didn’t really add a lot of depth to my post haha, but yeah I meant at rumors.

Debating adding this into our trip! If he’s on at 11 I think we might for a more “easier” night. Famous last words !

Thanks for the review.

I'm likely to head over for the closing party in a few weeks, looking forward to it.

OK, technically an off night but we decided we needed to do something at 7pm. FOMO got a grip I guess.

We did ADID at Cova Santa a couple of years ago and I enjoyed it. Only outside as was driving from San Vincente and had son with us.

Thoughts. Venue is great, in fact really good, first time and never did Bora Bora so no nostalgia.

Lee was on top form when we arrived about 10:20pm. Dance floor full and rocking but easy to find a space to join the fun. And then it moved indoors and got even better.

Music seemed to have more oompf than Cova but don't know if that was because indoor versus outdoor.

Sleeping on Playa Soleil then give it a go. I'll be back 100%

1000012968.jpg

I went to Rumors last night and was very impressed. Great venue with a decent sound system and Guy Gerber was ace. Dropped Sade Smooth Operator near the end and it sounded amazing.

Back