PLAYA SOLEIL

DJpromoter

I'm back a week tomorrow for my first week in Ibiza since 2012. Although staying on the San An side I quite fancy going to the All Day I Dream event on 26 Aug with Sasha headlining. Will have a hire car so won't be hassling myself with bus or taxi, downside of course the staying sober for the event.

Does anyone know how late the All Day I Dream events usually go on till?

I saw comment on another thread about Playa Soleil guest list which implied it doesn't guarantee you entry. Is that just if it becomes full or have they got an arsey Berlin style door policy at these events?

I see the guest list sign-up here https://www.playasoleil.com/events but if there's a reasonable chance of not getting in I might not bother driving to other side of the island for an evening event...

I'm back a week tomorrow for my first week in Ibiza since 2012. Although staying on the San An side I quite fancy going to the All Day I Dream event on 26 Aug with Sasha headlining. Will have a hire car so won't be hassling myself with bus or taxi, downside of course the staying sober for the event.

Does anyone know how late the All Day I Dream events usually go on till?

I saw comment on another thread about Playa Soleil guest list which implied it doesn't guarantee you entry. Is that just if it becomes full or have they got an arsey Berlin style door policy at these events?

I see the guest list sign-up here https://www.playasoleil.com/events but if there's a reasonable chance of not getting in I might not bother driving to other side of the island for an evening event...
The event has been finishing at 2:00 am but starts pretty early I think 6:00 pm, things don’t get going until a bit later tho.
You sign up for the guest list through several apps and there shouldn’t be any issues about being let in unless you are too mangled or wearing beach/sport attire.
All the times I have been there I never had any problems about getting in for having reached full capacity and I usually don’t get there before 10 or 11 pm.
ADID is not that crazy busy anyway and that is actually a bonus at least you can dance in a nice friendly environment.
Things might be a bit different on the 26th as Sasha is playing but I still thing it’ll be alright.
If you can go I hardly recommend it, it’s a such a good party with great music and vibes,
I’ll be there on that day too and I’m really looking forward to it.

As for the driving, why not coming down with a taxi or cheaper alternative by bus? That way you don’t need to stay “sober” and enjoy the night even more 😉

Thanks for info. I've ordered a guest ticket but will decide on the day. Unlikely I will put up with the hassle of getting a taxi back at 2am from there to my hotel in San An so sober with hire car is the more likely if I end up going o_O . But at least I know no need to turn up as early as 6pm either.

Any experience in here of what playa soleil is like in the afternoons before rumors, palmarama or adid - is it fairly quiet or still a bit of an atmosphere?

Any experience in here of what playa soleil is like in the afternoons before rumors, palmarama or adid - is it fairly quiet or still a bit of an atmosphere?
Never been that early so I can't really help but once the party is in the "indoor" part of the venue is pretty good.

We are there for the closing party of Palmarama on the 6th October...anyone heard any whispers on the line-up? says TBC on the website...

Anyone going to/at ADID tonight?
Yes I ended up going and stone cold sober due to driving from San An. And Sasha's set was so tremendous that being sober barely spoiled me getting into the zone. Centre of dance floor the entire set to get the best sound system balance. I hope someone leaks a recording of that set as there were a couple of tracks in particular that were absolute beasts. Great to know that Ibiza is still capable of pulling out little gems like this Sasha set in 2024. A lot of my friends back home will be somewhat jealous when they hear me go on about it :D .

Yes I ended up going and stone cold sober due to driving from San An. And Sasha's set was so tremendous that being sober barely spoiled me getting into the zone. Centre of dance floor the entire set to get the best sound system balance. I hope someone leaks a recording of that set as there were a couple of tracks in particular that were absolute beasts. Great to know that Ibiza is still capable of pulling out little gems like this Sasha set in 2024. A lot of my friends back home will be somewhat jealous when they hear me go on about it :D .
Awesome!! Glad you could make it out! There was a dude doing videography when I was there, j assume it'll come out

Yes I ended up going and stone cold sober due to driving from San An. And Sasha's set was so tremendous that being sober barely spoiled me getting into the zone. Centre of dance floor the entire set to get the best sound system balance. I hope someone leaks a recording of that set as there were a couple of tracks in particular that were absolute beasts. Great to know that Ibiza is still capable of pulling out little gems like this Sasha set in 2024. A lot of my friends back home will be somewhat jealous when they hear me go on about it.
Nice one! Glad to hear you made it and don't regret to have made the trip from San Antonio.
I totally agree with you Sasha was brilliant, one of those sets that wanted you to have more when lights came on at 2:00 am.
I can't believe he teased us with that little snippet off "Cafe del mar" at the end but never actually played the song! (I hope I wasn't hearing things and that actually happened 😉😂)
I keep saying it but ADID is such a good party with one of the best atmosphere, now looking forward to next Monday (02.09) with Nick Warren 😎

Nice one! Glad to hear you made it and don't regret to have made the trip from San Antonio.
I totally agree with you Sasha was brilliant, one of those sets that wanted you to have more when lights came on at 2:00 am.
I can't believe he teased us with that little snippet off "Cafe del mar" at the end but never actually played the song! (I hope I wasn't hearing things and that actually happened 😉😂)
I keep saying it but ADID is such a good party with one of the best atmosphere, now looking forward to next Monday (02.09) with Nick Warren 😎
Yes he did play the CDM snippet :cool: . Seemed to be a 'new tunes' set which in fairness I prefer for DJs such as Sasha, as I didn't recognise many. I'm seeing him again back in Glasgow in October with Digweed. Only here till next Sunday unfortunately so can't do the Warren one. This trip was basically a first time in Ibiza in 12 years to see for myself if it has been ruined like a lot of people say, and I have to say it hasn't. I don't want to be out in a big club night every night at my age anyway so just need a few nights like this ADID one and No Space for the fix. Also was delighted to see that Salinas/Sa Trinxa looks the same as 12 years ago. They must have made a point to protect that beach. Yes it is all paid parking now but the beach hasn't been swamped by sun beds like so often happens these days. Had food in Sa Trinxa enjoying some deep banging tunes. Again sober due to driving.

Yes he did play the CDM snippet :cool: . Seemed to be a 'new tunes' set which in fairness I prefer for DJs such as Sasha, as I didn't recognise many. I'm seeing him again back in Glasgow in October with Digweed. Only here till next Sunday unfortunately so can't do the Warren one. This trip was basically a first time in Ibiza in 12 years to see for myself if it has been ruined like a lot of people say, and I have to say it hasn't. I don't want to be out in a big club night every night at my age anyway so just need a few nights like this ADID one and No Space for the fix. Also was delighted to see that Salinas/Sa Trinxa looks the same as 12 years ago. They must have made a point to protect that beach. Yes it is all paid parking now but the beach hasn't been swamped by sun beds like so often happens these days. Had food in Sa Trinxa enjoying some deep banging tunes. Again sober due to driving.
Happy to hear you still found the Ibiza magic after 12 years!
Like you, I didn't recognise many tunes, so you might be right about the majority being recent releases but I recognised this one, or at least a version of it.

Back