Playa Soleil 2023 - Reviews & Report

Anyone go to Sven last night? I had some messages from some happy people about the venue and place overall.

I have messages from younger bros, cousins up to work colleagues +40. The funny one last night, two over 35s both said amazing party, vibe, and "amazing AC inside" lol.
The head is still a bit sore 😉 but I can say it was a great night.
Only got there when the party had already moved in the inside club and it was so good to see Sven in a more intimate set up.
He played all night there and all ended at 3:00 am.
Music volume perfect, great vibe with a good crowd of all different ages, plenty of room to dance!
Looking forward to Bedouin on the 15th Sep 😎
...and yes your friends are right about the air con 😂

I finally managed to go and see playa soleil with my own eyes yesterday. we were there from 8pm to 11pm (had a 6am alarm today...).

the pros:
- sound quality is genuinely really good, both in the front as well as the back part of the club. yesterday cesar vinzent was playing when we arrived, then sven from 8:30pm until 10:30pm in the front part (what used to be the 'open' part of bora bora) and then the party moved to the back part of the venue (what used to be the 'club' part of bora bora).
- air conditioning very good too. it's brutally hot again here right now and inside it was perfect.
- it's nice it's still a free entry venue!

the cons:
- don't try to compare it to bora bora because it really doesn't have any beach club or open air feeling IMO. ok, we only got there just before it got dark and maybe it's different if you're there late afternoon already, but to me it's simply like a small-ish indoors club now. not a bad one at that, don't get me wrong! you really have to be inside to get any of the music.
- yesterday it was very busy. compared to akasha, which is similar in size, I actually prefer to pay for a ticket but once inside it's not packed.

I wasn't in a massive party mood yesterday, sven did a great job as usual (don't ask me how late he played until, as I said above we left at 11 already) and I have to say TNL have done a nice job of turning this into something completely different in such a short time. also, toilets always clean and the toilet queue was quick.

The head is still a bit sore 😉 but I can say it was a great night.
Only got there when the party had already moved in the inside club and it was so good to see Sven in a more intimate set up.
He played all night there and all ended at 3:00 am.
Music volume perfect, great vibe with a good crowd of all different ages, plenty of room to dance!
Looking forward to Bedouin on the 15th Sep 😎
...and yes your friends are right about the air con 😂

ah interesting you say room to dance - did it quieten down later? when we were there, from 9pm to 11pm it was VERY busy

I finally managed to go and see playa soleil with my own eyes yesterday. we were there from 8pm to 11pm (had a 6am alarm today...).

the pros:
- sound quality is genuinely really good, both in the front as well as the back part of the club. yesterday cesar vinzent was playing when we arrived, then sven from 8:30pm until 10:30pm in the front part (what used to be the 'open' part of bora bora) and then the party moved to the back part of the venue (what used to be the 'club' part of bora bora).
- air conditioning very good too. it's brutally hot again here right now and inside it was perfect.
- it's nice it's still a free entry venue!

the cons:
- don't try to compare it to bora bora because it really doesn't have any beach club or open air feeling IMO. ok, we only got there just before it got dark and maybe it's different if you're there late afternoon already, but to me it's simply like a small-ish indoors club now. not a bad one at that, don't get me wrong! you really have to be inside to get any of the music.
- yesterday it was very busy. compared to akasha, which is similar in size, I actually prefer to pay for a ticket but once inside it's not packed.

I wasn't in a massive party mood yesterday, sven did a great job as usual (don't ask me how late he played until, as I said above we left at 11 already) and I have to say TNL have done a nice job of turning this into something completely different in such a short time. also, toilets always clean and the toilet queue was quick.
I'm impressed about the toilets too and how well they look after them constantly, only problem is the fact that they are unisex (not urinals) and that might turn into a bit of a wait on a busy night.
You are right about being busy especially early but then I guess some people left for Glitterbox/Solomun/Pyramid or other events on offer and it definitely got a bit better especially since the right type of people stayed.

ah interesting you say room to dance - did it quieten down later? when we were there, from 9pm to 11pm it was VERY busy
Like I said I basically got there when the party moved in and yes it was a bit busy but definitely got a bit quieter later, very easy to get to the front.
Was the sound level ok on the outside then?

Like I said I basically got there when the party moved in and yes it was a bit busy but definitely got a bit quieter later, very easy to get to the front.
Was the sound level ok on the outside then?

yeah the 'outside' was fine as well. they had all the doors/windows shut so it was not really outside anyway.

yeah the 'outside' was fine as well. they had all the doors/windows shut so it was not really outside anyway.
I see, that makes sense, I guess it's good for the sound's volume but at the same time takes the "dancing outdoors" feeling element out.
I wonder if they close those windows/doors all day or just as we get into the evening like Bora Bora used to put those fences up?
When I went for the opening they only closed them at 11:00pm hence the very low volume.

Guy Gerber's Rumors event was fantastic on Friday. I went in with no expectations and was vey impressed. Congrats to the Playa Soleil team on running such a great venue. The food outside looks very tempting too, I'll have to make a day and night of it next time!

Ok, so we spontaneously decided to stop by Playa Soleil before going to Pacha. Plan was to go to Ibiza Town before Pacha, but that (the Ibiza Town part) never materialised because Playa Soleil was just so so good!!

We went there at about 9/9:30 (I think), thinking it would be dead inside but boy were we wrong!

Already perfectly busy with people smiling and dancing and no phones in sight! Met some lovely people on the dancefloor.
When we arrived, the party was in the front room (think the inside bit of Bora Bora where you could still see the beach) before moving to the back at 11.
11 is when I think Guy Gerber came on, but I’m not even 100% sure as was just having too much fun to care who was playing.

We almost decided to stay because it was so good but we had already bought tickets for MusiOn, so the Swabian in me won (I mean we had already PAID!!!) 😅

Anyways absolutely positively surprised how good a venue and party this was.

Highly recommend!!

Back