Plastik.

Robo

This year, a venue has opened that you would be more likely to find in the West End of London than the West End of San Antonio. Plastik is a trendy new bar just next to May department store close to the bustling KFC/Mega Music junction.

By day its function as a trendy record shop and internet café with state-of-the-art recording studio, has made it a meeting point for workers and holidaymakers alike. By night though, it becomes a bar, along the lines of the club/bar hybrids springing up in most UK cities. Partner and Is Harry on the Boat? author Colin Butts hopes it will help to eventually improve the West End's image.

'The West End has had a bad rep for so many years and we want to help change that. I genuinely believe this could be the start of a major shake up. If other bar owners see we're doing well and that there's a demand in the West End for a more upmarket bar, then I'm sure they'll follow suit. This is what's required for the West End to truly change - economic reasons as well as political ones.'

'We're an alternative to having to go to Ibiza Town or the Sunset Strip to find a bar where you can listen to good music, at a reasonable level and in a nice environment,' adds partner Andy Matthews. 'Our prices are the same as other West End bars but it's not the kind of place to come in and sing football songs or wander round with your shirt off. We steer that kind of customer to other places. As such, girls seem to love it here because they don't get hassled. Even the girls from Secret Garden pop in and we've not yet had a chorus of 'get your tits out'…where else in the West End could that happen!'

Given that the new Mayor has already expressed a desire to stop bar crawls and two for one drinks offers, it seems as though Plastik are certainly in line with government thinking.

I mentioned this place in another post. I had quite a few good nights in there....Its sooooooo much better than the other bars in the west end.
You get loadsa decent people in there and the music is funky.The bar staff are gorgeous girls who are very polite and professional and the general attitude of the place makes you feel so much more welcome. ;) ....
Heres hopin more bars like this pop up around the west end. 8) 8) 8)

Hiya, trying to find out more info on that dj comp Plastik are running. I am thinking about having a go. Chance to dj in beefa...not half !!!!!! Has anyone else been there whilst they are doing these dj battles.... be even better if somebody knows if you have to register before hand and whether they have cd decks too. Cheers :D

DJ Heats at plastik

I've heard the heats at plastik are wicked. apparently you have to register from 12 midday on friday and then get given a slot for that evening...but heard its real busy so best get down there early friday so you dont miss out. :D

Cool thanks Diva ;) Still trying to decide whether its really worth the hassle of lugging tunes over there.

Robo said:
'If other bar owners see we're doing well and that there's a demand in the West End for a more upmarket bar, then I'm sure they'll follow suit. This is what's required for the West End to truly
change - economic reasons as well as political ones'

we will see what happens!! :rolleyes:

K said:
Is this the same as the old Plastic Fantastic?

yes - here is a review:

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/reviews/2003/bars/plastik_bar_i.htm

74.jpg

Back