Plastic Cups in the trees

me and the missus both agree that they are filled with something to repell an insect or bird of sorts.

you'll probably find them on olive and almond trees and the like.

that's not 100%, but we both are fairly sure ;-)

klingclubber said:
IBIZALISA said:
klingclubber said:
IBIZALISA said:
I am going in search of the plastic cups this year now...and wont come home until i find them! :D

cool maybe you'll never come home then :D :D :p

Heres hoping ay! ;)

well if I come out and see this dark gorgeous looking girl scouring the trees in ibiza in late august, i'll join ya and then too not go home till we find those plastic cups :D :D

A lifelong mission me thinks :D

I asked a worldly spanish guy the same question and he said (in spanish) something to do with bug repelling. Sorry the quash peoples excitement on the free hippy parties thing

JT said:
I asked a worldly spanish guy the same question and he said (in spanish) something to do with bug repelling. Sorry the quash peoples excitement on the free hippy parties thing

Ah well, we can dream! ;)

the plastic cups, they same as you would buy in a supermarket for picnics, are attached to the branches of trees to repel the spread of processionaria which is a bug which attacks pine trees.

however, long before this, local people put them in the trees along the roadside becasue they are picked up quite easily in a cars headlights ( a bit like cats'eyes) and make the tree a much easier target to hit when driving home late at night.

stephen said:
however, long before this, local people put them in the trees along the roadside becasue they are picked up quite easily in a cars headlights ( a bit like cats'eyes) and make the tree a much easier target to hit when driving home late at night.

:lol:

they should paint the cups like they are painting those trees.

ibiza goes acieeeed

Back