Plans for a “NEW” San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, couldn't resist:D

Mate, are you sure we’ve never met?

Literally spent my whole service getting ripped with this ???

Various courses I did for instructional type things, I could never turn my geordie accent down. In fact in front of a class or addressing a group of people it went stronger ?‍♂️ earning me the nickname ‘turbo geordie’ ?‍♂️

Overseas was the worst. Speaking with some US Marines once and they asked me if English was actually my first language :(

These were the days before Geordie Shore was on the tv.

Now get constantly asked if I know any of them.

You can’t win!

Mate, are you sure we’ve never met?

Literally spent my whole service getting ripped with this ???

Various courses I did for instructional type things, I could never turn my geordie accent down. In fact in front of a class or addressing a group of people it went stronger ?‍♂️ earning me the nickname ‘turbo geordie’ ?‍♂️

Overseas was the worst. Speaking with some US Marines once and they asked me if English was actually my first language :(

These were the days before Geordie Shore was on the tv.

Now get constantly asked if I know any of them.

You can’t win!
haha, no.

Theres a few ex army lads at work and I always use that line on them when they talk about Belize or something :D

I've always popped down the west end to start the night off and never had any problems. Only place I'd advise to stay away from to people is soul city. That place is chav central. Same as the Hip Hop bars back home. For some reason the second people step through the door they suddenly think their from some gang from Brooklyn :lol: give me people off their heads at a rave any day. Biggest danger there is being hit by a swinging jaw :lol: sorry you had to end your holiday this way though buddy. Hopefully the fella is okay and the moron that did it is where he belongs now.

Walked down about half of the West End last night - just the show my sister-in-law what it was like (lucky her!) Was just before midnight, and it was busy - considering the time of year as well. We even saw two Guardia on patrol. One other observation: of the stretch we walked down, it seems more venues are catering to R&B/urban now - an increase on last year.

Walked down about half of the West End last night - just the show my sister-in-law what it was like (lucky her!) Was just before midnight, and it was busy - considering the time of year as well. We even saw two Guardia on patrol. One other observation: of the stretch we walked down, it seems more venues are catering to R&B/urban now - an increase on last year.

Good to hear, but just before midnight may have meant you saw the last minutes before the fun police rules mean everyone has to go inside.

Good to hear, but just before midnight may have meant you saw the last minutes before the fun police rules mean everyone has to go inside.

Of course, but, still, surpassed my expectations of how many people were "there".

Still open first week in Oct?

those who thought the new pee-pee government would be much more relaxed won't be very impress today because the music equipment of 4 bars were sealed last night...

... apparently the old play2/lyt is one of them!

I've popped down there a couple of times this trip so far. What is going on with the price rise? Used to be able to get about 4 vodkas and shots for about €7. Couple of places I went the other night were charging €5 a pint. The only good thing about the west end is you have always been able to hit pre drinks on the cheap. If the bars are tacky but it's cocktail bar prices I give it 2 years till they're all bust

Last edited:
I heard a few different people talking about the huge difference in price for drinks round the bay where I am compared to the West End last night. But then again, there’s a distinct lack of ket spoons and R&B clubs round here :rolleyes:

Obv I’m kidding, I don’t mind the west end for what it is. Head round now and again.

I went in tropical Thursday night. PR seller walked me in. I asked for a pint of lager and a pink gin and lemonade (for the lady). This was apparently €5 each. Two of each showed up and they charged my missus for all 4 and said it was happy hour? ? I then went up and tried to explain that this isn't happy hour and that he'd just give me twice the drinks I'd asked for and charged me double :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back