Plans for a “NEW” San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought at first this story might be connected to this thread, but this attack just happened the other day.

:(

Ah man, poor lad. Hope he pulls through ?

Spent a lot of time in the Highlander last week, this group of lads look familiarish.

This is how guys get sent down for manslaughter
It's when they fall and bang their head

Funny how all the fights end up due to consumption of alcohol in the west end... Should just close the area down its the shit hole of the island

This is how guys get sent down for manslaughter
It's when they fall and bang their head

If you punch someone from behind or the side unexpectedly, then you are a 100% shithouse in my book, and deserve the jail.

If you want to fight someone then meet them toe to toe, or a square go as we call it around my way.

Put them in a ring, 2 minute rounds and a set of 12oz gloves. See how keen they are to continue then.

Funny how all the fights end up due to consumption of alcohol in the west end... Should just close the area down its the shit hole of the island

Sentiment is right, but will solve absolutely zero. Its a bit like saying we should ban all cars because there was a car crash last week.

If I was a betting man I'd say it was more cocaine/narcotics related, with alcohol playing a lesser part. See it a lot in Newcastle, lads sniffed up thinking they are ten men. Billy big bollocks picking easy targets. Wanks.

I actually have a friend in common with the lads family in Ayrshire, as I noticed he posted it up on his FB around the same time as you did JV.

Unfortunately the lad didn't have any insurance, same as a lot of youngsters going away on holidays.

Threw a few quid into their fund they set up, its doing well ? but a nasty reminder that its important to take out at least minimal insurance as you never know what can happen abroad.

Yeah, noted the bit about insurance and meant to draw folk's attention to it. God knows what my crappy Ryanair insurance covers, though - likely they have a get out clause for everything. :lol:

Yeah, noted the bit about insurance and meant to draw folk's attention to it. God knows what my crappy Ryanair insurance covers, though - likely they have a get out clause for everything. :lol:

Yes I imagine they have, I mean they even try to get out of actually taking you on holiday with their bloody strikes ?

I will certainly have a good look into my insurance next time I go away.

Don’t most insurance policies have clauses about drink/drugs voiding them. So basically if insurers harshly apply those then pretty much no one bar nasty sprains at the holistic vegan yoga retreat will be covered.

Magaluf, Benidorm...

TBF the majority of people can behave themselves and we don't know much about the incident I posted. Was the attacker on alcohol or other drugs? Was it a robbery attempt? I've mostly found the vibe in the west end to be friendly.

lol - yeah the touts/props 'guiding' you into their shitty bars are particularly 'friendly'

but there's a danger we will just end up rehashing every single west end argument of the last 40 years - it has all been discussed to death and it will always divide opinion

the bottom line is I hate it, will avoid at all costs and every local I know (without exception) goes nowhere near.

Don’t most insurance policies have clauses about drink/drugs voiding them. So basically if insurers harshly apply those then pretty much no one bar nasty sprains at the holistic vegan yoga retreat will be covered.
Insurers will make any excuse not to pay out as you said, will follow the letter of the contract (which no one ever reads).

All they need to do is make a £1 more then last years profits, job done for them.

Last edited:

Can fully believe that.

Thinking back to the only claim I’ve made relating to injuries. A few years ago now, when I was still serving and broke my leg parachuting from a Herc. Double break tibia and fibula.

Insurance weren’t too keen to say the least. Thought I’d done the injury on the piss.

Regardless of:

• jumping from a military airframe
• on a military exercise
• logged on my jump card
• logged on by my Sqn clerks
• casualty report from medics on the drop zone
• full med report from the hospital
• geo tagged photos

Insurance company = ? well you know, we just need to be sure.

Took them 18 months. Cunts.

Not one for naming and shaming, but if I spell out the letters

P

A

X

I mean, when you were sitting down outside (RIP) and you could just talk to whoever was at the next table. The spirit of ecstasy even it was just booze involved!

Yeah I agree with this.

We found this year we went out earlier and enjoyed sitting outside chatting away with people.

Real shame when they shut it all down at midnight though.

Was their patron Saints night when we were there and the boozers in San An were allowed to stay open till 5, was really good ??

Can fully believe that.

Thinking back to the only claim I’ve made relating to injuries. A few years ago now, when I was still serving and broke my leg parachuting from a Herc. Double break tibia and fibula.

Insurance weren’t too keen to say the least. Thought I’d done the injury on the piss.

Regardless of:

• jumping from a military airframe
• on a military exercise
• logged on my jump card
• logged on by my Sqn clerks
• casualty report from medics on the drop zone
• full med report from the hospital
• geo tagged photos

Insurance company = ? well you know, we just need to be sure.

Took them 18 months. Cunts.

Not one for naming and shaming, but if I spell out the letters

P

A

X
Sorry, couldn't resist:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back