Pink Floyd to regroup....maybe

a friend of mine was playing ABITW out on friday - obv heard it loads before, but had never really noticed before what a good groove that track has, love it when the guitar comes in after the chorus. totally balearic 8)

am generally really rubbish with Floyd - need to remedy that - can you recommend some good documentaries on them?

Waters, band and crew had a night off between O2 shows and held a private party at Under the Bridge (new live music venue under Stamford Bridge) when I was in London last Monday.

The band and crew spent much of the night jamming while Roger was wandering around rather inebriated. **bragging alert** Got to meet him briefly. :) He went on stage at the end to sing Wish You Were Here and Knocking on Heaven's Door.

Was very tempted to change my plane ticket and stay for Tuesday night's O2 show. Didn't do it, unfortunately. Probably should have gone when they were here last month. :confused:

Very jealous. I'm not really into heroes and icons but The Beatles and Pink Floyd are both a bit special for me

a friend of mine was playing ABITW out on friday - obv heard it loads before, but had never really noticed before what a good groove that track has, love it when the guitar comes in after the chorus. totally balearic 8)

am generally really rubbish with Floyd - need to remedy that - can you recommend some good documentaries on them?

There have been a few on recently, will check the ones I have watched that were decent. Watched one that was more about Rick Wright than the other band members, came across as a really sound decent fellow, he seemed to keep out of the bickering the others indulged in.

Waited for the Roger Waters gig for ages, we originally planned a London O2 visit but changed this to Manchester MEN arena, a fair decision as it turned out.

Quite simply this was the most remarkable event I have ever been to, furthermore I cannot imagine ever witnessing something like this ever again. The venue was excellent, we sat at the very top of the arena and chilled just watching the place fill up whilst talking to many random people from all over the country. Took to our proper seats approx 15 rows from the front, absolutely perfect position to see everthing that was about to unfold. From then on we were mesmerised for the next couple of hours. The visuals and props were remarkable, the performance by Waters was out of this world. The guy doing the Gilmour stuff was sensational. We spent some of the time stood up, it was difficult to remain seated at times. This lead to a conversation in a bar afterwards with a guy who came over and said he had videod the four of us stood up having the time of our lives:oops: He was going to send the video to us but we left before exchanging email addys, if you are reading (unlikely I know), would be good to get in touch.

There is another date on 28th June in Manchester, I could not recommend the show enough, it really is an amazing experience from start to finish.

I was there, I wont in my life forget the experience

I just stumbled on it on my weekly trawl through that site - not all the edits on there come off, some are a bit lazy, but the ones that do massively enhance the originals for me, making them altogether trippier. The kind of stuff I love to hear out in the final hour

Just had a look and this is readily available for online viewing;
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/pink-floyd-the-making-of-the-dark-side-of-the-moon/

It was on one of the sky arts channels recently, prob won't be quite as entertaining on the web but it was a fascinating insight into what the album was all about.

This was the docu I thought was about Rick Wright, it was in fact about the whole band, prob remembered as it being about Wright due to his death not long afterwards;
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/archive/upcoming-bbc-tv-documentary-on-pink-floyd.html. Could not see where it was available for viewing though :(

For anyone interested, this should be interesting, desert island discs on Sunday;http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011j39v

Back