Pin Up

Clara

After the rather disappointing 2003 when everyone thought it was going to be the club of the season and plenty of nights were either cancelled or had very poor attendance, what do you think 2004 holds for Pin-Up?

I think it's a great wee club and it'd be a shame to see it go. It was so cheap in terms of entry as well and drink prices weren't bad either.

the little bird that keeps me updated with all the latest pin-up news told me that even J (the owner of the mar i camp complex: pin-up, the gorilla restaurant, the chinese restaurant, etc) says that pin-up wont open again!! :eek:

reason? the constructor of all those buildings next to pin-up is mr.sevillano - that apart from being one of the most well-known constructors in ibiza also works for the local council so he has connections and influence everywhere. its obvious that the kind of people that can afford one of those apartments (they are quite expensive) doesnt want a club like that next door!! :eek:

among other things the very well informed little bird also told me that when J rented pin-up to max leverett and co (interview here) the venue didnt have all the necessary permits!! :rolleyes:

birdy.gif

that's a shame

went last year for MAW and wasn't a great nite but the place had loads of potential!

I was hoping to go for the opening parties last year as I heard so many good reports. As the start of the season was quiet it didn't even open until July.

YvonneH said:
I was hoping to go for the opening parties last year as I heard so many good reports. As the start of the season was quiet it didn't even open until July.

Soul Heaven @ Pin-Up was open at the end of June cos we went to Opening for Kerri Chandler, was one of best nights of my holiday but due to lack of PR it was pretty quiet :confused:

YvonneH said:
I was in Ibiza the same week but the PRs didn't seem to know much about what was happening with the club.

You should have gone, KC was the daddy :D He played 2 hours on the terrace, then another 5 hours inside :D ;)

To make matters worse I'm unlikely to be going to Ibiza this summer so maybe I will never get to go to Pin up :(

YvonneH said:
To make matters worse I'm unlikely to be going to Ibiza this summer so maybe I will never get to go to Pin up :(

It shut before end of last summer and it looks unlikely that it will open :rolleyes: :cry: so it looks like none of us will be going again :confused: Shame cos the club had so much potential :cry:

and finally some news - since last week they are getting it ready to re-open!! :eek:

yes, it will open again but not as a club - apparently just as a bar, apparently with a different name and apparently it will be run by the owner itself instead of renting it like in the past :!:

thats all i know right now!! :rolleyes:

pinuplogo.gif

McRackin said:
and finally some news - since last week they are getting it ready to re-open!! :eek:

yes, it will open again but not as a club - apparently just as a bar, apparently with a different name and apparently it will be run by the owner itself instead of renting it like in the past :!:

thats all i know right now!! :rolleyes:

pinuplogo.gif

What, so like a return to the old Konga :confused:

no. konga was a small club - this will be a bar. thats what i have been told!! :rolleyes:

J used to rent the now demolished bull bar just next so maybe he wants to do something similar with games for the kids and all that? :confused:

pinup_logo.gif

the marilyn monroe statue above the door has been removed!! :cry:

and this logo has disappeared too because the wall is now all painted in white:

page14.jpg

Back