Pin Up- Anyone checked it out this year?

EL CANO

I'm off to the white isle next weekend. Planning to do Soul Heaven at Pin Up. Has anyone been this year? If you have i've got a couple of questions

Drink prices. I've heard it's cheaper than the other clubs?

Also heard the Terrace is a rival to Space's. Can it be that good?

Wot's a good time to get there? Wot time does it get going & wot time does the terrace shut?

Where is it in relation to Bora Bora?

I'm trying to fit this club into my schedule also... What are the good days/nights to go??? What about Saturdays there.... Saturday seems like the only night I have open still....

Monday: Izit Dance. Messy stuff
Tuesday: Garlands. Proper Party
Wednesday: Soul Heaven. Girlie Choons
Thursday: Sander Kleinenberg. Teutonic funky prog
Firday: Matinee. Dunno about this
Sat/Sun. Closed, I think

The good thing about pin-up is that it opens at 4pm. You can still go out in the evening 'properly' when the terrace closes at midnight.

V much looking forward to me first visit there, in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. :D :D

I went to the Garlands opening party there a couple of weeks ago.

The terrace was pretty cool though i don't think it's as good as the one at Space and the downstairs bit was a bit unremarkable and felt a bit cramp due to the low ceiling.

I think it was about 6 euros for a vodka mixer which isn't bad compared to the other places and they do put at least a doubles worth in as well.

We got there at about 10:30 PM so we didn't really get long until the terrace shut at midnight and i think quite a few people left not long after that so i suggest you go earlier depending on how long you want to spend there. It probably depends on what night you go to though.

i went to pinup and tought it was great. didnt see the terrace though unfortunarely. the inside is good kind of back to basics with the decoration AND IT GETS HOT. drinks prices were ok i think. 4€ for a water. I think its behind the Bull bar in Playa den bossa. its sign possted anyway

I think I'm going to check out Garlands there...

Of course it is Carl Cox's opening party at Space the same night.... What to do??

I wish I had this problem when I'm at home!

Went to Soul Heaven@Pin-Up and was fab, opens at 4pm we got there about 7.30pm and stayed til close at 6am. The terrace is fab, but inside is pretty good as well, but can be bit of a sweat pit.

Went on Monday 23rd. The terrace was packed, really good atmosphere, banging house. :p :eek: Very very good night but left after terrace closed at midnight and we were too hot to pile downstairs with everyone else. Didnt have to pay cover either :D :D

rustywoo said:
Sat/Sun. Closed, I think

The good thing about pin-up is that it opens at 4pm. You can still go out in the evening 'properly' when the terrace closes at midnight.

Girlie choons at Soul Heaven? Just cause music isn't hard doesn't mean its girlie!! It's soulful house music.

Sander Kleinenberg - Funky? rrriiiiggghhhhtttt.

rustywoo said:
Sat/Sun. Closed, I think

Hey Rusty, if you're planning to do Garlands on August 5th we'll probably see you there.

;)

went to the opening party at pin up, after being told it was open till 6am, we got there late, missed the terrace which was a bummer. downstairs was sooooo hot :oops: i was lookin like that dude. music was really good tho, im sure its sundessential downstairs. shame its a small room, because it was very good.
also managed to nick a huge orange garlands sign. says garlands made me do it. and its on my wall next to me :)

Elrobbie said:
Sander Kleinenberg - Funky? rrriiiiggghhhhtttt.

I caught Sander for the first time at Glastonbury this year, was kinda expecting proggy stuff throughout, but he was absolutely brilliant, a real mix of styles, from prog to breaks to electro to funky stuff ... superb!! :eek:

Well looking forward to checking him at Pin-Up on 28th Aug 8)

Back