PIKES

Sounds like the No Cunts, No Phones policy isn’t being strictly enforced..

My friend went on Saturday and said it was sadly packed full of them. Said he’d never go back. Massive queues and wall to wall pissed up sniffed up c**ts. Said Tony would be turning in his grave […] He said the sticker over the phone camera was blatantly getting abused. Loads with phones out.
IMG_3480.jpeg

Prior to this year I'd only ever seen the odd photo of the slogan outside or the pool when people had been

But I've seen a lot more videos from inside this year, a lot more djs posting them too. Sarah storeys night is pushing videos a lot.

Not sure if it's just the next wave of people reaching the age to go, but lots of comments asking how strict they are in the age restriction. So the youths are definitely trying to go

in other pikes news, dj harvey dates guestslists have just opened.

gonna save my comments about the venue as such, I'm too partial to the previous musical heads in there to make a fair statement these days

I was there 2 Sunday's ago and last Friday.
Catch me scowling at the people filming.

It wasn't tonnes of people but enough to anger me. Also, sober me is outta there by 2:30am latest due to the same people angering me, so I can't guess at what it's like later

I’m in my 50s been around the block like to get involved and it’s all about the music and vibe for me. I keep reading conflicting stories and hearing conflicting pov about Pikes, was hoping Mondays wld be a good with Mike at the helm, even tho he’s a bit of a c**t, but have to hand it to him for Mamumission in 95, was a game changer. Maybe we’ll try it and see, assume it’s NOT glitter box???

I’m in my 50s been around the block like to get involved and it’s all about the music and vibe for me. I keep reading conflicting stories and hearing conflicting pov about Pikes, was hoping Mondays wld be a good with Mike at the helm, even tho he’s a bit of a c**t, but have to hand it to him for Mamumission in 95, was a game changer. Maybe we’ll try it and see, assume it’s NOT glitter box???
It’s not Mike at the helm it’s Andy.

in other pikes news, dj harvey dates guestslists have just opened.
Don’t do this to me Stivi - mild panic as I feared closing will have maxed out having missed it! Is just the opening guestlist open as far as I can see.

I’m heading over for the closing but am a bit torn on it. Freddie’s was always rammed before but I’m a little bit dreading how it’s going to be now with so many more people, now that the outside bit is a club rather than a restaurant, and so many more people inside the place. We will see.

Don’t do this to me Stivi - mild panic as I feared closing will have maxed out having missed it! Is just the opening guestlist open as far as I can see.

I’m heading over for the closing but am a bit torn on it. Freddie’s was always rammed before but I’m a little bit dreading how it’s going to be now with so many more people, now that the outside bit is a club rather than a restaurant, and so many more people inside the place. We will see.

As a certified fanboy, will still try and get guestie for Sept 23 but if they’re just letting anyone in these days, dunno if it’s worth the crush? I guess it matters to me because I hardlly go out these days, let alone hear top music. There is beat hotel and namaste so all not lost otherwise…

We were there in early May so maybe not a fair comparison but I thought the flow was miles better than previous years having the outside bit open (Plaza Mayor?) with music and I thought it made a better all round experience ….

We were there in early May so maybe not a fair comparison but I thought the flow was miles better than previous years having the outside bit open (Plaza Mayor?) with music and I thought it made a better all round experience ….
I was there in May as well and thought the same. Also hoping that when I go in October it might have reverted back to respectful older crowd and less packed...let's hope

Back