PIKES

I get that some of you like 90s dance music but I thankfully escaped from planet oakenfold a long time ago and have no wish to return.

if that's the size of pikes's ambitions these days then count me out

Bye is a mint DJ but depending on his “script” would determine a lot.
JST needs to stick with what he knows best.
Agree Jason Bye is a versatile skilled dj, who has more than earned his stripes, but totally depends on the crowd / night / theme!? Top guy too

Surely Old DJ's playing to OLD clubbers, most of whom will be on their only trip to Ibiza this year, Is what the punters want ????

To be fair it wasn’t 90s classics in Freddie’s when I saw Dave Seaman in early May so I don’t think you can assume that is the music policy for these Monday nights

An old school tune or 2 is fine, but l love discovering new house music daily.. Move forward not back.. Save it for the weddings ;)
i heard Raw Silk play an edit of sugababes push the button at Pikes in 2022 at the Beat Hotel event.

It worked well; anything more would have been disastrous.

I get that some of you like 90s dance music but I thankfully escaped from planet oakenfold a long time ago and have no wish to return.

if that's the size of pikes's ambitions these days then count me out
Lots of good stuff on other nights if you have a look at the lineups

Sunday nights still looking particularly good despite the changing of the guard

My buddies and I will be staying at Pikes for the first time in a few weeks. We went last year for Saturday night and had a great time. How is the pool during the days (aside from Sundays)? What music genres do they play daily? We are still searching for the good day venue that has DJs playing tech, tech house, house, or deep house with audible sound. Going on the 23rd trip to the island and miss the No Name Bar and Bora Bora venues for some daytime energy and beats. Hit CBBC last year and it was very chill, even with the DJ. Anything worthwhile that has a heartbeat during the early afternoon? Not interested in O Beach or Ibiza Rocks. NBC used to be good but the sound was really throttled back the last few years. Thanks for any feedback.

My buddies and I will be staying at Pikes for the first time in a few weeks. We went last year for Saturday night and had a great time. How is the pool during the days (aside from Sundays)? What music genres do they play daily? We are still searching for the good day venue that has DJs playing tech, tech house, house, or deep house with audible sound. Going on the 23rd trip to the island and miss the No Name Bar and Bora Bora venues for some daytime energy and beats. Hit CBBC last year and it was very chill, even with the DJ. Anything worthwhile that has a heartbeat during the early afternoon? Not interested in O Beach or Ibiza Rocks. NBC used to be good but the sound was really throttled back the last few years. Thanks for any feedback.
They won’t play tech house at Pikes for sure. Balearic and chill during the day with some down tempo house. Great vibe in prep for the madness of night.

Agree! Just had a wonderful Saturday afternoon there. Back tonight for Round 2 with Leon Vynehall.
Where can you hang out on a Saturday afternoon? We did brunch last year and had a lovely few hours by the pool but as far as I understand now you can't sit by the pool unless you are resident.

Where can you hang out on a Saturday afternoon? We did brunch last year and had a lovely few hours by the pool but as far as I understand now you can't sit by the pool unless you are resident.
You are allowed to sit on a bed by the pool as long as there are spare beds as hotel guests get first priority. We did so today and Saturdays are usually nice and chilled, rather than packed.

Busiest Saturday of the season so far?

Not a fan of the one way system due to bottlenecks and the Sunset Terrace now being a restaurant so nobody could walk through until 1am.

Great music though and S/A/M & Lorenzo Morresi in the bath tub were superb if very hot.

Back