PIKES

I was at Pikes tonight, and the vibe was decent!

Plaza Mayor (I really hope they paint it back to the old colour) was a really great starting point for the night. DJ booth next to Room 12, sound was decent and you couldn’t hear it from sunset or down the front (so fingers crossed for no noise complaints this year!)

This means they’re using both levels of the restaurant for service now as only room for dancing in Plaza Mayor now!

Considering this, sunset and Freddie’s didn’t open until 11pm, and according to the Melon Bomb guys, there were 1k+ on the guestlist for tonight. This does mean if you have a ‘headliner’ during the summer then Freddie’s is going to be absolutely disgusting.

The guys who have now been brought in for Sundays have had it thrown on them quite quickly by the sounds of things, and they’ve obviously filled the spot but they aren’t the ones that pushed the others out of course. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I also know it’s super boring, but there have been a few upgrades to the venue that people might want to know about. There’s a bar almost finished out the front (they’ve got rid of the Jacuzzi pool and now have the airstream where Peach has set up shop). The not-so-secret bathroom in Freddie’s is now 3 toilets. A non alcoholic gin and tonic STILL costs €17! But the Club Tropicana rumours are true.
Was there last night and more comprehensive then I could write!

Really enjoyed it and liked Plaza Mayor. Liked the fact that all night you could circle if needed through all areas. I'm sure in the past the door from Plaza to Sunset Terrace was closed, meaning bottleneck into Freddies through the one door.

Spoke to Nick who was really nice. Later in the night called my wife "the party starter". Assume as we were one of the first dancing on Plaza Mayor and then Freddie's.

Now time for walk and some brekkie.

Last edited:
I’m heading there for the first time on Sunday on a solo trip. What time do you think is best to head there? Was gonna head there about 7pm but I’m now thinking I might head to Mambos for the sunset first then get a taxi there. What time does it usually start to fill up?

Also, is it easy to get a taxi back from there after?

Thanks all

Was there last night and more comprehensive then I could write!

Really enjoyed it and liked Plaza Mayor. Liked the fact that all night you could circle if needed through all areas. I'm sure in the past the door from Plaza to Sunset Terrace for closed, meaning bottleneck into Freddies through the one door.

Spoke to Nick who was really nice. Later in the night called my wife "the party starter". Assume as we were one of the first dancing on Plaza Mayor and then Freddie's.

Now time for walk and some brekkie.

Ahhhh I saw you guys!

That Freddie's door has been open more often than not last year, normally after dinner tables had been cleared in Pamela's (RIP). Helps with the other entrance no end.

I’m heading there for the first time on Sunday on a solo trip. What time do you think is best to head there? Was gonna head there about 7pm but I’m now thinking I might head to Mambos for the sunset first then get a taxi there. What time does it usually start to fill up?

Also, is it easy to get a taxi back from there after?

Thanks all

I would say Sundays are a bit different. The day-to-night vibe poolside is different to other days and lots of fun. However, both plans would work!
Taxis are also very easy.

Definitely agree with everything @TiffyBarrett says above.

Much prefer Plaza Mayor / Pamela’s as a Dancefloor and better having the DJ booth by Room 12 so fewer bottlenecks. There was a great buzz there last Sat & Sun night.

Definitely agree with everything @TiffyBarrett says above.

Much prefer Plaza Mayor / Pamela’s as a Dancefloor and better having the DJ booth by Room 12 so fewer bottlenecks. There was a great buzz there last Sat & Sun night.
so is plaza mayor a sundays only thing or everynight?, last time i was at pikes you went in was the garden with the outside bar and just freddies open i think.

so is plaza mayor a sundays only thing or everynight?, last time i was at pikes you went in was the garden with the outside bar and just freddies open i think.

No, I was there on Friday and Plaza Mayor was open. It breaks it down on each of the lineups (when released) who is playing where so you'll be able to see if Plaza Mayor is open.

Back