Pets

PQS

Hi
I have just got my dog a pet passport and have just found out that Iberia do not fly pets back into London. Does anyone know if any airline fly from Spain into London and carry a pet as baggage? I can get him to Madrid or Barcelona ok, it's just from there.
Best Regards
Peter

As far as I know there is no airline that will fly pets into the UK as hand luggage; they all have to go into the hold. It's nothing to do with airlines it is to do with the airports.

Contrary to common belief Britain is not a nation of animal lovers, in my experience quite the opposite. We bring our little dog to the UK every year and there is nowhere that we can go with him; I was even thrown out of Specsavers this winter!

You would be better off flying your dog to Barcelona where they are welcome in hotels (sadly not restaurants) and then taking the train from there through France where they are welcome in restaurants and hotels. Apart from anything else you will save yourself a fortune as pets are more expensive to take on planes into the UK than humans are. We always drive with ours.

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I don't really want to drive to Ibiza and back it would take half the holiday! I've been quoted about £600 just to take him out but no one seems to bring pets back at an affordable price. I assumed it would just go in the hold and it appears to do that outward but not inwards for some reason.
The stupid thing my wife took him to Edinburgh return and British Midland only charged £80:D
Regards
Peter

I've just found out that Monarch would charge £350 outwards and £495 inwards:(
Regards
Peter

Mine was flown from Bristol as cargo when we came here. I had a company from bristol sort it, but you can do it yourself, You just pay on the weight, ( my dog was 50 kg) I can not remember the airline , but will have a think.

Have a good one
Tim

Hi Tim
Thanks for your reply, it's going cargo that makes it expensive. We were hoping to bring him out with us when we come out on holiday but it seems we will not be able to :cry:
Regards
Peter

Why would anyone want to take their dog on holiday to Ibiza ? take it to the beach ? Not allowed (big fine, And they do look for it) , Take it to a restaurant/cafe/bar ? Not allowed, By the pool ? I am sure ever other guest would like that ? Maybe take it hiking in the hill`s ? Don`t take it`s lead off, and make sure you have very good flea and tick protection. You may also want to talk to the police if it is a reasonable size, The dangerous dogs act go`s on weight here, If it is small, Again be careful if it is off in the wood`s etc, loose little dog = Podenco toy / lunch

Have a good one
Tim

A lot of people take their dog on holiday I don't see Ibiza any different to anywhere else.
People own dogs where we have our apartment so I don't really see a problem. I was at one point thinking of bringing him out for next Christmas but it seems out of the question now.
Thanks for your reply
Peter

A lot of people take their dog on holiday I don't see Ibiza any different to anywhere else.
People own dogs where we have our apartment so I don't really see a problem. I was at one point thinking of bringing him out for next Christmas but it seems out of the question now.
Thanks for your reply
Peter

I agree with you on this one. We always take our dog with us wherever we go and have never had a problem. He's a small dog (5.5 kgs) so we have never had a problem taking him into a bar or restaurant in Ibiza. Whilst I agree that a dog in a hotel might be a problem; if you have an apartment there would be no problem. I'm constantly amazed that the airlines make it so difficult to travel with pets yet they allow kids to travel without charging any excesses or insisting that they go in the hold!

He only weighs 5.5kg as well.
I'm looking at this route:
Staines to Dover, Dover to Calais, Calais to Paris, Paris to Barcelona, Barcelona to Ibiza. I think that would work out about £130 without the ferry to Ibiza I'm not sure about that price. It wouldnt seem to long if we get the overnight train from Paris.That

He only weighs 5.5kg as well.
I'm looking at this route:
Staines to Dover, Dover to Calais, Calais to Paris, Paris to Barcelona, Barcelona to Ibiza. I think that would work out about £130 without the ferry to Ibiza I'm not sure about that price. It wouldnt seem to long if we get the overnight train from Paris.That might not much more expensive than leaving him at home and flying.
Regards
Peter

Your pets will now be allowed to travel with you in your cabin on certain boats of balearia between Spain mainland and Balears ?
What a great news for people like me.

Back