Pete Tongs eclectic selection

S Express said:
Robo - not too sure about James Brown though....much as i love him mans world wouldn't be 'emotive' enough. Its got to put the hair on the back of your neck on end!
8)

yeah sadly - i know what you mean

:lol:

There's a few he could play by Bowie, maybe "Sound and Vision".
Human League's "Dont You Want Me" would be class.

Making your mind up - Bucks Fizz?

or slightly more seriously

Nina Simone - My baby just cares for me

Steven R said:
There's a few he could play by Bowie, maybe "Sound and Vision".
Human League's "Dont You Want Me" would be class.

'Don't you want me' has been recently remixed by Derrick Carter..
keep an eye on that one ;)

I was at moneypennys in Birmingham a few years ago and boy george played

KMF - Your unbelievable

Absolutely tore the roof off

the verve - bittersweet symphony
the who - baba o'reilly

bittersweet symphony remixed by DJ Quicksilver is such a money song and baba o'reilly should be mixed by oakenfold or tiesto its such a classic

Dead or Alive - You Spin me Right Round Baby…..right round like a record baby right round round round.

K said:
Dead or Alive - You Spin me Right Round Baby…..right round like a record baby right round round round.

Have you seen the lead singer of Dead or alive lately - jeeeeezus more plastic surgery than Joan Rivers :eek:

I used to think The Doors - Light my Fire but Will Young kinda pi55ed all over that one for me :evil:

George Michael and Aretha Franklin - I knew you were waiting for meeee

Boardgrrrrl said:
K said:

Have you seen the lead singer of Dead or alive lately - jeeeeezus more plastic surgery than Joan Rivers :eek:

Yeah the guy actually looks like he’s in pain.

Well, if it were me DJing it would have to be;

Etta James - I Just Wanna Make Love To You

always goes down a storm whenever I play it! ;) Perfect for the end of the night/session.

Later
DJ Soulman 8)

Dave Beer played Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer on the Terrace last Sept, after Lottie's set - hate the song, personally, but it did got a lot of ppl singing along (and I spotted a few air guitars).

Depeche Mode - Its No Good...would be my choice.

Or maybe a Barry White tune? (but not please not You're The First, The Last, My Everything).

Imposter said:
Dave Beer played Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer on the Terrace last Sept, after Lottie's set - hate the song, personally, but it did got a lot of ppl singing along (and I spotted a few air guitars).

Eurgh! I really cant stand Bon Jovi. :x

I love it when DJs play random stuff, Danny Krivit finished his set at Ministry a few months back with Bill Withers - Lovely Day.

In fact all those NYC Daddies always bring some oldies into their sets, I think that's why I like them so much, instead of same old same old :rolleyes:

Back