PDB & the airport...

dance4ibz

Hello there,

me & my buddy are both light sleepers, we also dont have really too much time scheduled for sleeping in our one week ibiza visit (approx 3-4 hrs per day, last day we are heading to the airport straight from amnesia...) so we would like a quiet place to sleep during these 3-4 hours.

we booked the garbi hotel on PDB & it just occurred to me it might be very noisy because the air traffic & would love to hear from people who stayed in PDB area should i be concerened or not :)

thanks!
(great site by the way!)

... we would like a quiet place to sleep ...
we booked the garbi hotel on PDB & it just occurred to me
it might be very noisy because the air traffic ...
don´t worry - the "air traffic noise" at garbi is no problem at all.
you only hear something like a very light "swooshing"
(don´t know if this is the correct word ??) when the airplanes are passing by.

actually it´s very nice at night when you see all the position-/landinglights of
the airplanes when flying directly to the direction of the garbi...
but the airplanes are NOT flying over the garbi, because they change their course
far away enough so that other hotels get all the noise :)

the only noise problem at garbi in former years was the music you hear from the pool,
sometimes (more or less) the same cd running for days and/or some very silly music
from the aerobic-lessons in the morning :))

yes don;t worry about the noise.it really depends which way the wind is coming from,they may land and take off the other way.put it this way i stay in the algarb next door.i to am a light sleeper.but you soon drop off.its the noise from the hotels inside and out that keeps you awake.

Back