Paul Merton's Adventures

G.W.

Starts on Wednesday the 18th of October on Channel 5.
They haven't said yet when the episode about Ibiza will be aired but trailers are already being shown with footage of Es Vedrá among others.
Should be interesting....

Apologies, it is Wednesday the 19th and the Ibiza episode should be the second one scheduled for the 26th.

(Don't shoot me if this is wrong 8) )

Thanks for clarifying, just seen the trailer...will probably watch the Ibiza episode if I remember it's on.

From Channel Five website...should be interesting.

Paul's first guide on the White Island is Jon Sa Trinxa, who arrived on holiday 20 years ago and is yet to leave. His advice to Paul is to shed his inhibitions - and his clothes. After ditching his gear in a fabulous secluded villa in the hills, Paul takes up his first invitation, to an all-day animal party, where fancy dress is mandatory, although not everyone does it in the style Paul chooses.

Paul's next attempt at getting under Ibiza's skin is to visit Keith Holden, a man who spends large parts of his day shouting on a cliffside, towards the mysterious rock island called Es Vedra. Keith has a few ideas about how we are all connected to the moon, the stars and the dinosaurs. He can also trace Ibiza's reputation for orgies and dancing back to before Roman times.

Paul then meets one of the main men responsible for keeping the island dancing, superstar DJ Guru Josh, described by his flatcap-wearing manager Billy as a ‘unique, extremely eccentric, creative genius'.

Turning his back on the island's debauchery, Paul heads inland to meet David, who runs a horse sanctuary that recently came perilously close to being engulfed in flames when the north side of the island suffered the biggest fire in the island's history. The devastation is clear to see, but David and his horses survived and he still obviously gets a great deal of satisfaction from looking after them.

On his last night on the island, Paul gets some advice from 6ft Colombian transsexual Catalina, who helps him go out with a bang. “It's a touch Mae West, a touch Diana Dors,” Paul says of his new persona, Elastica, who makes quite a splash in the carnival that evening...

For those that can, this is on telly tonight. unfortunately I cant as I am busily attempting to evacuate myself from Bangkok!

For those that can, this is on telly tonight. unfortunately I cant as I am busily attempting to evacuate myself from Bangkok!

I feel for you my friend, I hope all goes well and everyone is safe.

I will certainly be watching, looks like he goes up near the "Pirate tower" overlooking Es Verdra...I loved going up there.

only caught the last 10 minutes of this, but it was funny seeing Paul Merton in drag!

Yeah the La Troya part was funny. :lol:

It did make me want to deny all knowledge of having been there though (apart from the non clubby bits).

I thought it was pretty good and finally a different take from the usual drunk kids being sick and mooning to the camera.
I liked that in more than one occasion they stressed that there is more to Ibiza than just the party scene and glad they showed the fiesta at San Joan proving that tradition has been preserved and it is still very strong as it should be.
How beautiful does the island look on TV? Then again, we knew that already.
Makes you feel really nostalgic looking at that footage but also really look forward to the next visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
His Es Vedra spot is precisely where we go.. only that everyone is normally in silence not shouting raaaa! :lol:

I enjoyed it

Same for us, I've been going there for many years now as that is a great spot, especially for the sunset.
I've never been there day time though so I'm willing to rectify that soon.
I wouldn't actually mind get there for sunrise maybe even camp there overnight in order to catch the views of the infamous U.F.O.'s ;):D

Back