Patrons views of producers playing out

NakedAge

Ok, say you saw a producer play a set in a night club.

If he played all his own songs as a Dj, is that ok? Or do you expect to see, keyboards and synthesisers and stuff?

I ask because I realised over the years I made about 8 hours of music and, I've never really played much of it out anywhere, so I want to put together a mix cd to hand out at gigs of all my own songs as well as play them at some, but also, I was thinking about performing them, but as a Dj, like, kind of making the focus of the sett that, its all songs I've made myself. .. Is that, retarded or, do people go for that?

Play out using Ableton and a midi controller, it's what Daft Punk, the Chemical Brothers, Justice and Deadmau5, to name a few, have used before.

This gives you the chance to trigger loops and mash up all the tracks you have got live. Which is better than buring all your tunes to CD and then just playing them.

Look at www.akaiapc40.com for a new controller coming out that will really help.

Play out using Ableton and a midi controller, it's what Daft Punk, the Chemical Brothers, Justice and Deadmau5, to name a few, have used before.

This gives you the chance to trigger loops and mash up all the tracks you have got live. Which is better than buring all your tunes to CD and then just playing them.

Look at www.akaiapc40.com for a new controller coming out that will really help.

quote]

Oh my god!........
It's a sensible reply from Senor Bigler.

I'm going to keep this, it could be worth some money one day.

play whatever you like. Remember you are shepherd not sheep.

If they throw cabbages at you, then take it as constructive feedback and go back to the studio and learn from it

Yes.

I like the idea of Producers playing there own stuff! As long as its good stuff of course!

Makes the set unique aswel.. if its all your own stuff, chances are, alot of people havent heard it! Unless your Sasha or Prydz and everyones heard it! But even then, i still like the idea of them playing their own stuff!

One of the best sets i saw was Prydz at Godskitchen a few years back! Alot of Pryda stuff in there aswell as some Cirez D!

Groove Armada aren't too shy about it either, either , either ,either, either,either,either,............

Thank you but, Im not Chemical Brothers or DeadMau5 or Daft Punk. .. I am the one, the only, NAKED F**KING AGE!!! :p nah

Still. Like, to loop my music and ****, theres no need. It doesn't have any good bits :D

So you guys recomend it? Good, I'm gonna try something similar at my next gig in May that I'm throwing, a techno gig and I'm gonna give out a free Cd there. Im calling it
'The Cumming Of Age' ;) (Get it?)

He played here a couple of years ago. Shi7e mixing, shi7e tune sellection (alot of his own), and an all round knobjockey to boot :evil:
We've had this discussion before. 5 years ago, he was a very good DJ (and a very friendly guy when I met him). It all went downhill (from his productions to his DJing) when the whistling started.

Ok, say you saw a producer play a set in a night club.

If he played all his own songs as a Dj, is that ok? Or do you expect to see, keyboards and synthesisers and stuff?
That reminds me of an old mate of mine. I used to sometimes drive him to gigs. I dont want to grass him up so I'll just say he's been in the music biz for a long time and was fairly well known in the techno scene. He released stuff on his own and with other people under various names and did a lot of remixing etc. His DJ sets were made up almost entirely of his own music and that of his friends. Those that didn't work with him or know him personally were none the wiser. He was very good at working the crowd and it was always a great night so no harm done. Maybe this is very often the case with many other DJ's? How would we now if they don't have their name on the record label?
He made me laugh when he wrote a record review in MixMag years ago. All the records he reviewed were either his or records he had remixed or were his mates and yet his name wasn't on the labels so hardly anybody knew. He probably did it every time he did reviews for them :lol:.

Back