Patrick Swayze dead :(

Dan x

Sorry girls and Roadhouse fans, the legend has departed to Kellermans in the sky.

R.I.P :(

patrick-swayze-dirty-dancing.jpg

Road_House_42692.jpg

Roadhouse was a fave of mine as a kid, as was Next of Kin and Point Break. Then there was Ghost, an amazing film in its day. And ofcourse there was Dirty Dancing, and I'm not ashamed to say it, the final scene still moves me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo 8)

He could do it all, dance, act, write songs, he even did all his own stunts. The Guy is a legend who died with dignity, not giving up till the end.

R.I.P Patrick, you were a huge part of my childhood. Sad :cry:

His autobiography is out next month....should make interesting reading. In it He deals with the Pancreatic Cancer which killed him.

He started his career as a dancer.

His autobiography is out next month....should make interesting reading. In it He deals with the Pancreatic Cancer which killed him.

He started his career as a dancer.

I looked that up on Play.com....so sad!

Keith Floyd, apart from being an alright chef, was the original party animal. He spent many a night in KU back in the 70's and when he recorded his TV shows he was drunk some of the time. They were the first of their genre on UK TV.

A real, larger than life character......... he also will be sadly missed.

Keith Floyd was hardly the first of any genre. There had already been other people with cookery shows and there had already been other drunks on TV.

Keith Floyd was hardly the first of any genre. There had already been other people with cookery shows and there had already been other drunks on TV.

If you are talking about the ABC steps to cooking and baking with some Mumsey type in her country kitchen, then yes there were cookery programmes before Keith Floyd.

If you want to talk about raw, fresh, unique, entertaining, non-studio based production then Yes Keith was first of his genre. He even cursed long before Ramsey learned how to cook!

If you are talking about the ABC steps to cooking and baking with some Mumsey type in her country kitchen, then yes there were cookery programmes before Keith Floyd.

If you want to talk about raw, fresh, unique, entertaining, non-studio based production then Yes Keith was first of his genre. He even cursed long before Ramsey learned how to cook!
Oh I didn't realize there was a special sub genre of tv cooking show that had just been made up.

Back