party-defining tunes (old and new)

yeah it was pretty big around 2005-06. I hazily remember the innervisions lot caning it to death in London. that, timbuktu and rodamaal were their signature tunes for ages. Joakim is a formidable remixer

remix came out 2006. IMO that tune was years ahead of its time

Hugely underrated....insane! Not heard it out ever as I recall but I've played it on a few mixes. When you compare it to the original as well its crazy how he came up with that!

yes to pretty much anything by Ferrer & Sydenham from that era

see also Stockholm Go Bang, 10 Jay Street, Son of Raw...

basically Ibadan Records is just a goldmine of peak-time bangers

I've lost interest in them more recently though - Sydenham started playing dark techno that left me cold and Ferrer hmm. It all went wrong after Hey Hey perhaps... or maybe I just slowed down?

A vintage era for sure. On a similar tip, heard this for the first time in ageeeeeees yday on a mix and had to dig it out - these records have aged so well eh!

one of quentin harris's best remixes - love that classic organ sound

not heard too much of him since he stopped doing Kiss My Black Ass at East Village, shoreditch (real loss - got shut down for money laundering...)

Was looking through old videos from Mint club recently and remembered Sven playing this my first time there

One of my favourite mix cds ever given to a mate who had dimitri play here in mid 90s during his Roxy days and he left some cds pf friends as in joost and Marcelo who played mannumission when they done the City's of thea world season.. still.fresh
He went a bit off in later mixes but I found this one last night from the same eara,sound pretty good so far..:)
RoXY Koninginnedag 1993 - Joost van Bellen
https://soundcloud.com/meubel-stukken/roxy-koninginnedag-1993

Last edited:
Back