party-defining tunes (old and new)

While I'm here….same era, same club, same dj! I remember once Nic Fanciulli stopping this one right at the peak of the huge breakdown and the whole club literally screaming…something I'd try and recreate again and again on my bedroom decks. Would love to hear this one out again!

This is a topic where I can go on for ages. So these are the first which just came to mind.

The first one was at Bora Bora some time back sitting on a pile of sunbeds watching the moon. When after another hard day at work :) Gee played this nice little groove.

The second one is kind of commercial, but when Cassius came on and this blowed out of the speakers for the first on the terrace I thought wtf. Headed straight for Delta Discos the day after started digging in the little crate beside the counter (yes, some of you might now that little crate they always kept close to themselves) pushed David Morales aside and started one of my great singing sessions. Man have I sung for Juan :)

This one is from one of the Time Warps. Always head straight for the little temple outside there now since I discovered some while back Laurent Garnier is on the top of his game there.

The last one is when Sven played Artamis for the first time on the beach. Don't even now the year anymore was at s'estanyol that's for sure.

This one is from a carnales era (dcdiez) . When a sit down was just a sit down and the appreciation was a little heads up. Those who where there will remember the amount of dancing space :)

Richie Hawtin 2009 Warehouse Project Machester
This was the last tune of the night and I still remember the feeling I had at the time. It was a raving memory which I will never forget. It was amazing.

Great thread. So many great tunes in the past. Anyone remember Westbam - Wizards of the Sonic. So different from anything now and maybe a bit cheesy but I don't care - still love it.

agreed it's a great tune!

Ahh of course, Caprices…how was it? Who did you see?

it was amazing. this festival just keeps on getting better. we missed daytime action of day one as we only arrived friday late afternoon. but then saw dixon and solomun (and a bit of deep dish) on friday night. both dixon and solomun did great sets, albeit both of them were VERY mellow.

saturday daytime then dj tennis, guti, damian lazarus and art department (kenny only). everyone really good, damian lazarus the best out of them in my opinion. only letdown was saturday night really with dubfire, ellen allien and chris liebing. I don't mind hard techo at all, but the vibe wasn't there and ellen allien played the worst set I've ever heard of her...trainwrecks galore.

sunday daytime then apollonia, christian burkhardt and sven. everyone really good again. sven played pretty hard up on the mountain, but then went a softer route down in the village in the evening.

the daytime part up on the mountain is totally unique. we'll be back.

Sounds incredible! Seen a few vids and always wanted to check it out…will have to add it to the long list!

One that defined many parties back home. A lot if nights used to end with this track.

Here is another one which I heard on a tape when a was very young. That's when I first met house and promised I would never leave her for another. Still get shivers when I hear this one :)

another tune that often is 'track of the night' for me...just heard this twice last weekend (once played by damian lazarus and the next day by daddy sven)

Lazarus should throw some parties on the island again. Just loved those Stink parties.

Back