party-defining tunes (old and new)

See there been a bit of controversy regarding the above but that Harris edit above is a fantastic record. Absolutely criminal that "dj" Alan Fitzpatrick butchered it.

Appreciate Harri edit Patrice but it's as alway, if it ain't broke don't fix it... Remember this player at Sonar off one year by Harri at La Terraza open air in BCN and was incredible
The Fitzpatrick version is just the original speeded up.

We also had this on earlier. An absolute beaut from the turn of the century when everything still seemed exciting. Embryonic 'tech house' before the term was bastardised. And the eternal magic of Owens.

very much in that post-millennial metro area mould. vibert at his best. the soundtrack to every shoreditch pub for a few years (probably all flats now)

before sandy rivera went shit (and the pirate started getting into him), he put out some real corkers. the bassline on this was fierce. soulful but without being too noodly

(that whole KOT album was really good)

see also Solveig

I really liked the stuff he was putting out around 2003-04. more than a cheeky nod to james brown here but a big fave of ours at AKA

Miss Kittin released some stunning music via international deejaygigolos (DJ Hell label). mid 2000s. basically after electroclash died off and all this new interesting stuff was emerging out of Berlin (with a big Detroit influence). the whole Golden Boy 12 was really fresh sounding (not sure if Sascha Funke had a hand in it) but this remix was the standout. Sunday 11 am E-vibes when you & 3 others were the last ones still standing. I lost interest in her really when she got bigger. her DJ set at Space was pretty poor - total fish out of water tbh, but her earlier productions still stand tall.

which conveniently brings us on to a bona fide Detroit beast. one for the dark, small rooms. Never did get to see Atkins play. 3 times he was booked in London at things I had planned and 3 times he pulled a sickie. very much of its era but still sounds amazing to my ears

another old fave, more on the euro proggy tip (c/o R&S) - a dj in Devon where I used to live used to cane this a lot. big with the castlemorton DIY crew

Back