party-defining tunes (old and new)

First music post. This is always in the bag. The best response we had of this was at our local festival Standon Calling. We’ve been playing this festival for 10 years now and this particular year we had a bit of rain so our tent was full. We dropped this as our last track and to see different ages of people all singing along and dancing to it, some telling us it was there tune, had us walking around on air for the rest of the weekend. ( think there’s some footage of the moment somewhere)

here is an old one. I remember hearing (and really listening) to this track in Silverlake/Echo Park area outside of Hollywood and Los Feliz in 2010/2011 while I was in college.

Frankie Bones is an old school techno staple and representative of a certain element ("PLUR", which we don't have to get into as it's arguably Americana and as far as I know, not progressive in Ibiza...) in rave and club culture; at least as far as "Moonshine" of the early 2000's. But the album where I heard this track was released before then. I didn't hear it until after the fact, but this stands out.

The track is by Voodoo Doll, entitled "Women Beat Their Men" (Club Mix).

Attend one also a big fave...not as long so easier to play out. I always find it a tricky one to mix though...Tropical Soundclash also quality. Used to pretty much buy everything he did on sight around 2003/4

Back