Paris

I

incognit-O

I am taking myself and my ex to Paris next weekend for her birthday and having never been before, I am at a loss in knowing where "it's" at and where's yesterday's news...

We're flying there relatively early on Saturday Morning, staying in St Michelle and leaving late on Sunday evening, so any suggestions on where to go for eats/ drinks & dancing and what to see would be most welcome... (Someone at work was telling me that they've got a big tower there that's even bigger than the one at Blackpool...!)

NB: I can't speak a word of French, however I do have the ability to speak English both loudly and slowly which I'm hoping will be enough to suffice...

Thank you please

best place I found in 15 years of trying that isn't going to crucify your credit card is Le Louchebem near Forum des Halles - see:
http://www.tonyparker.co.uk/France
IMAG0000.JPG

hey mate!
i've spend 5 dayz in Paris recently..
1) very tasty snack but at high price....approx dinner iz E40
Cafe "Le Race" - nice place / close to Louvre/
nice cafe near NottreDamme de Paris => cheap seafod
aprox. E30 for mix of =oyster+shrimps+snails+crabs
2) U hv to visit Effel's tower...E7-E10
3) I know 2 dance-clubs : QUEEN (on Elisees) - kindaf gey-club =>pop and big.......and "Le Rex" - better one - 20 mins to walk from Louvre
4) Nobodys wants to talk English ...so stady French :)))
5) Very nice Architecture and unpleasant ppl
6) and never use AiRFrance- tiz fu*kin" company has cheated me on E1500 (3 tickets) and in addition has not delivered in time my luggage!!!

incognit-O said:
I am taking myself and my ex to Paris next weekend for her birthday and having never been before, I am at a loss in knowing where "it's" at and where's yesterday's news...

We're flying there relatively early on Saturday Morning, staying in St Michelle and leaving late on Sunday evening, so any suggestions on where to go for eats/ drinks & dancing and what to see would be most welcome... (Someone at work was telling me that they've got a big tower there that's even bigger than the one at Blackpool...!)

NB: I can't speak a word of French, however I do have the ability to speak English both loudly and slowly which I'm hoping will be enough to suffice...

Thank you please
u can try "le batofar" and "la péniche concorde" those are boats/bar/club in the seine...good sound in "le rex club"...

Bliznetz said:
hey mate!
i've spend 5 dayz in Paris recently..
1) very tasty snack but at high price....approx dinner iz E40
Cafe "Le Race" - nice place / close to Louvre/
nice cafe near NottreDamme de Paris => cheap seafod
aprox. E30 for mix of =oyster+shrimps+snails+crabs
2) U hv to visit Effel's tower...E7-E10
3) I know 2 dance-clubs : QUEEN (on Elisees) - kindaf gey-club =>pop and big.......and "Le Rex" - better one - 20 mins to walk from Louvre
4) Nobodys wants to talk English ...so stady French :)))
5) Very nice Architecture and unpleasant ppl
6) and never use AiRFrance- tiz fu*kin" company has cheated me on E1500 (3 tickets) and in addition has not delivered in time my luggage!!!

40E :eek: !!!! phhhheeeww ...there are better price for very nice restaurant ...

I went with a friend in May. Check out the Bastille area for bars and little clubs. In that area I'd recommend a place called Wax - very trendy, electro type music, cool. And a bar called L'apart, with really opulent decadent decoration, they have different music invdepending on the night, from house to hip-hop. and you'll find loads of flyers for clubs in this area too.
The Latin Quarter has a good vibe as well, although a little more touristy.

:D

There's a very swish restaurant called Chez Georges on the top of the pompidou centre, the views are amazing but it's quite pricey.

Start of with drinks at the Mezzanine Bar.
Details:
http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/Paris/MezzanineBaratAlcazar.asp

Stay till about midnight where you should hit the clubs.

THE club to go is Le Cabaret. Book a table to guarentee entrance, but English is very "in" and if you have some girls in your group you shouldn't have any problem if suitably attired.

Wicked house music, dressy crowd, loads of girls, open till 6am

For details and user reviews check out:
http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/Paris/LeCabaret.asp

Afterparties are always at Queen on Champs-Elysees which is very gay but goes on till the early hours and has some brilliant music. I think David Guetta is the resident DJ.

AVOID rex club which is solid techno and street kids and be warned Paris ain't cheap!

"Le Rex Club" defo bessie spot for the night ..they can be kinda choosey on the door, if your in a couple you should be fine, just beware of loners trying to weedle their way into your company in the Q to help their case with the bouncers - it doesnt help believe me!!! Clubbers come and go all night, so crowd keeps changing..it was a funky dark club with DJ more or less at crowd level when we were there last and of course is owned by the legend himself Laurent Garnier who makes regular Sat night appearances on the decks if hes on home turf :D Dress code is anything goes pretty relaxed TBH...Njoy!!

PS: Get a look at Tower by night and if you want a relaxing "rosemantic" night go for a meal on one of the floating restaurants...

Back