Pacha's 2015 line-up

well it depends what you prefer really...viva is much more on the tech house side of things while s+1 is more deep and then techno infused. have seen solomun last weekend (when he played at pacha for the s+1 season warm up and then the whole next day at the afters), he was in brilliant form. also saw him a few weeks earlier at a festival in switzerland where he played very mellow.

By fair the best night at Pacha hands down! I do fear that this is going to get even bigger this year, maybe to the point of it getting too busy!

I did 5 Solomuns last season, and genuinely every single night is different because of what the +1 brings in terms of music and crowd and what they bring out in Solomun (and vice verca). e.g. did a night when Tong was there and he brought in a younger Brit crowd which was totally different to Ame a few weeks before! I'm not saying its hit or miss - it's always amazing - but each week is just different! Where as the last few years most DJs have had two nights there over the season - I think this year he has a different DJ each week which should make for more unpredictability! The nights this season I am looking forward to: Ame (as I just love his sound in Pacha), Sven Vath (this is gonna be off the wall), Ida Engberg..... and I love his All Night Longs at the end of the season - as he often plays a few hours of just his material!

By fair the best night at Pacha hands down!

every single night is different because of what the +1 brings in terms of music and crowd and what they bring out in Solomun (and vice verca). e.g. did a night when Tong was there and he brought in a younger Brit crowd which was totally different to Ame a few weeks before! I'm not saying its hit or miss - it's always amazing - but each week is just different! I think this year he has a different DJ each week which should make for more unpredictability! The nights this season I am looking forward to: Sven Vath (this is gonna be off the wall)

Agreed! Total hedonism

The night I am contemplating doing is Solomun and Andhim - not sure if I am that into the stuff that Andhim do - - bit too discoy (right word to describe?) do like that boyboyboy tune however.

Ah screw it - will go to Pasha - think it will be great fun.

Went to andhim and Solomun last year and they play great together. I like the superflu andhim sound so maybe I'm biased but I think you will have fun, then whole place was moving all the way until the end.

Will be going to see Sven there this year. Looking fwd to it!

Solomun is legit...he comprises between himself and the crowd, surprises folks too. Sometimes he mixes in the next track too late but the programming and track selection is awesome. Seeing him in June with H.O.S.H. and at Dynamic at Beach House

Any inside info on when Aokis line ups will be confirmed?
And Dimitri vegas and like mike but that's amnesia

It's not aoki we are wanting it's who's with him on september 14th im really wondering about.. before I go securing Space tickets for that night

well it depends what you prefer really...viva is much more on the tech house side of things while s+1 is more deep and then techno infused. have seen solomun last weekend (when he played at pacha for the s+1 season warm up and then the whole next day at the afters), he was in brilliant form. also saw him a few weeks earlier at a festival in switzerland where he played very mellow.
Apologies for going off topic but you make an interesting point re DJs playing perhaps according to what venue they are in. A few years back saw John Digweed one weekend and whilst good his music was restrained and more laid back. Few weeks later I saw him in a different club and he was absolutely pounding the tunes out. I like that i.e. a DJ prepared to mix it up a bit and not just say sod it this is the style I play week in week out regardless of venue.

Apologies for going off topic but you make an interesting point re DJs playing perhaps according to what venue they are in. A few years back saw John Digweed one weekend and whilst good his music was restrained and more laid back. Few weeks later I saw him in a different club and he was absolutely pounding the tunes out. I like that i.e. a DJ prepared to mix it up a bit and not just say sod it this is the style I play week in week out regardless of venue.

well, that is what for me DJing is all about. being able to read a crowd. a good DJ can (at least IMO) vary his sets and adapt to crowd, venue, even daytime or nighttime, but you'll still 'feel' that it's that certain DJ playing. as you guys can probably imagine, there are a few artists whom I listen to lots of times over the summer (up to 10 times for some). the artists I like most are the ones that change their sets around and always play differently, but you just know it's him (or her) even without having to look at the DJ booth.

what does MK plays on fridays? is it similar music to digweed?

no, completely different. MK plays lots of his productions & remixes. It's feel good, uplifting vocal house. Some ppl will naturally dislike it. But for me he gets the balance just right.

Digweed, by contrast, plays underground tech house & techno.

no, completely different. MK plays lots of his productions & remixes. It's feel good, uplifting vocal house. Some ppl will naturally dislike it. But for me he gets the balance just right.

Digweed, by contrast, plays underground tech house & techno.

Agree with white_isle. MK's sound suits Pacha perfectly. It's feel good House for a peak-time crowd.

Even though MK and Digweed are residents for INSANE, they only play about 4 times on the same night over the season. Personally I love he nights when they both play together. An MK set followed by Digweed takes you from "My Head Is A Jungle" with MK to some very dark 6AM tech-house with Digweed. If you are open minded about your house music, then INSANE is a solid night. If you just want to listening to some trumping continuous techno for six hours - go to MusicOn. One thing I will add about INSANE is that Pacha screwed up a few times last year with their set-times i.e. putting Digweed on before MK, but hopefully they have learnt their lesson on that!

^^ great article... when asked about his future plans for the brand in ibiza he says these are the options:

a) a beach club
b) another hotel
c) a bar in the port area

he seems very enthusiastic about option c)...
and that's what will happen: new bar-restaurant in the port opening soon... what used to be delfin verde (previously run by amnesia)!

2128212949_0b95ae1732.jpg

flickr

Back