Pacha Overkill

venom

Now don't get me wrong, I love Pacha Ibiza a lot. But c'mon guys, give someone else a chance. With a line-up like that there is no point in going to any other club (apart from Space for daytime raves!)

And that's a shame. There was a time when one could enjoy a night out in El Divino, or Pin-up or even Es Paradis, Eden & Privelage.

But...

Monday Roger Sanchez
Tuesday Underwater
Wednesday Sublimminal
Thursday Ministry
Friday 30th Birthday
Saturday DefMix

I want to experience other clubs such as Moneypennys, Garlands, Manummision, Hed Kandi.

But the lure of Pacha is too much and I reckon it will work agaisnt the club in the long-run.

In my opinion....

shush Nish .. I wont be there for that ! Still .. my decision .. twas either the week of 21st or the week of 14th ...

venom said:
With a line-up like that there is no point in going to any other club (apart from Space for daytime raves!)

i disagree these are house nights.

go to cocoon at amnesia

there are plenty of good if not better nights at el divino or amnesia

Pacha prob. has the best lineup the week I'm there...

I'll be there at least
Mon-Roger Sanchez
Wed-Subliminal

sun - space, Tue will be Carl Cox, Thur Cream @ amnesia.

Probably will make it to Pacha on Friday also.

3 nights @ pacha, 3 @ space.... not much room for everyone else....

I will be going to Ibiza for the first time July 1st for 5 days. I must admit from the advice I got on this board I find myself going to Pacha Tues, Wed. and Fri. Thursday going to Amnesia PVD. So for a first timer how do you think I should split it up??

Who's to say Mark Doyle or any other lesser known resident is not as good as David Morales and Roger Sanchez? & why is it always the DJs that pull people in as opposed to good promotion

(eg - La Troya who are heavy on themes which makes for a much better night)

Honestly, Pacha is great but it's too bloody packed and full of uninteresting looking people standing around in the middle of the dance floor.

There are enough people on the island to go round and more then enough dance floor space for them to congregate.
El Divino will be easily just as good as will most other clubs (erm...except the San Antonio ones of course) :)

I agree that Pacha definitely lays claim to the majority of the best nights this season. While I can't miss Underwater, Subliminal, or DefMix, I was thinking about checking out some of the other clubs on the Friday that I'm there. What do you folks know about Empire (El Divino), Slinky (Privilege), or La Comunidad (Space). Any recommendations?

I can't see myself going to the same club three times in one week. I'm planning on visiting Pacha on Tues & Wed, mixing it up with Cream, Sundays at Space, and whatever pops up that tickles my fancy. This summer I'm also planning on leaving a few days out of each week to chillout and recover -- I'm there for a month, if I party every night I'll need a vacation after Ibiza.

Underwater and Roger @ Pacha, Cream @ Amnesia and Sundays Space...of course all top nights but i'll be checking out Pin-Up too - Soul Heaven and Garlands should be quality.

It all depends what music you like. If you're a house fan then yes it does look like Pacha has just about the whole of house music covered and it probably will be difficult to keep away from the place!

If you like trance though you're unlikely to find much of that in Pacha, Amnesia is the best place to go for that. It all depends on your tastes and what you want/expect from a night out.

Muel said:
It all depends what music you like. If you're a house fan then yes it does look like Pacha has just about the whole of house music covered.

That's such rubbish!!
The whole island is packed with clubs putting on nights just as good as Erick W*nky Morillo's Subliminal etc!
For Goodness sake! You're going to visit the same club every night???
What about Soul Heaven/La Troya Asesina/Made in Italy/Zenith....?
Just as good as the nights at Pacha methinks.

In a wk I'll do 4 Pacha sessions (Underwater, Subliminal, Ministry and Pure Pacha), Space on Sundays, DC10 on Mondays, Pin-up on Weds for Soul Heaven. Don't particularly like any of the other clubs (Amnesia, Privilege, Eden etc) so suits me just fine.

I have to say that I've never had any interest in Pacha on previous visits (me being a big trance head) but even I will be there at least once or maybe even twice on this visit.

I'll be in Pacha 3 times but i'm there for 2 weeks, I'll also be going to other good nights such as Cocoon@amnesia Izit dance and Soul heaven @Pinup Space and Dc10 and Retro@ Eden and either Cream@Amnesia or Salvacion@El Devinio.
Would have liked to go to Ibiza feeling as well but they don't start till after we leave.

dfunky said:
I'll be in Pacha 3 times but i'm there for 2 weeks, I'll also be going to other good nights such as Cocoon@amnesia Izit dance and Soul heaven @Pinup Space and Dc10 and Retro@ Eden and either Cream@Amnesia or Salvacion@El Devinio.
Would have liked to go to Ibiza feeling as well but they don't start till after we leave.

good plan, dfunky! pacha is a beutiful place, but one should not forget the other clubs. you will not find anything like cocoon or cream at pacha, not to mention the sunday experience at space... seek diversity, my friends - you will not regret!

last year was my first year in ibiza, and i went to every club and loved it....but this year outside of sunday at space in the day and el divino for defected at night, i will be at pacha every night.....rough to pass up howells, sanchez, underwater, morillo/deep dish, 30th aniversary.....maybe hit up something dif. on thurs

Back