PACHA has bought TOROMAR on the road to las salinas

McRackin

Super Moderator
ricardo urgell confirms on today's diario de ibiza (paper edition only) that he bought the infamous bullring-turned-into-afterhours toromar in san francisco :!:

he joked "i bought it to call people's attention and give them something to talk about. as in this island everybody do whatever they want, i'm in too" and said he haven't decided yet what he will do in his new property, adding "maybe i'll do a house and go on sundays to eat paella":lol:!). when asked about its use limitations due to being located in a protected area (the natural park of las salinas) he said "la escollera or dc10 are also in the natural park" and also made reference to other little chiringuitos along las salinas and es cavallet that turned into big restaurants, adding "i've seen right in front of my eyes how eventually people did many things that there's no way could be done while i stayed in avda. 8 de agosto being stupid". as usual, he was critical of the current permissiveness on the island...

copiadefoto130306.jpg

( he also reveals that this is the last year pacha opens during the winter due to the amount of legal and illegal competition, a clear attack to some of the venues the disco association has been denouncing for years with no success but also something expected now that the V.A.T. clubs have to pay went up from 8 to 21% )

ricardo urgell ... bought the infamous bullring-turned-into-afterhours toromar ...
amazing location -
still has a little bit of that "ibiza-feeling-like-back-in-the-day" inside :D

... "i bought it to call people's attention and give them something to talk about.
as in this island everybody do whatever they want, i'm in too"

8) :twisted:

... made reference to other little chiringuitos along las salinas and es cavallet
that turned into big restaurants,
adding "i've seen right in front of my eyes how eventually people did many things
that there's no way could be done while i stayed in avda. 8 de agosto being stupid"

:arrow: the empire strikes back :twisted:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

... he also reveals that this is the last year pacha opens during the winter
due to the amount of legal and illegal competition ...

it was rumoured to stay closed this winter. in the end they opened but without any international guest dj, just the residents!

dc10 replies to urgell on today's diario de ibiza to say:

1 - they're not in the natural park of las salinas
2 - toromar, which is in the natural park of las salinas, is a venue in ruins which is meant to be demolished while the establishments he mentions are legal and have the right licenses
3 - the pacha group are not an example of legality and then lists the supposed irregularities of lio, pacha and el hotel

:arrow: http://www.diariodeibiza.es/cartas-lectores/2013/03/08/dc10-senor-urgell-toromar/607942.html

disco wars... don't you just love it?!

dc10 replies to urgell on today's diario de ibiza to say:

3 – the pacha group are not an example of legality
and then lists the supposed irregularities of lio, pacha and el hotel
:arrow: http://www.diariodeibiza.es/cartas-lectores/2013/03/08/dc10-senor-urgell-toromar/607942.html

disco wars...
don't you just love it?!

"...
3. - In order to free Mr. Urgell statements - "in this island long ago that everyone does what he wants' - we do not understand very well what or who you mean, but you certainly can not establishments said that his group are an example of compliance with the law or sectoral planning, since the establishment called 'Lio' is newly created and apparently devoid of any activity municipal license to enable its operation, Although it has been operating at full capacity during the past summer. What other employer would be allowed to operate without a license in a setting like this?
The establishment called 'Pacha' violates the law course and just a simple observation on an aerial photograph to find that does not respect the setbacks to the street, possibly occupies a green and so manifest, beyond what is allowed, occupying the whole site.
And finally, the Pacha Hotel, by a strange agreement or agreement signed with the city of Ibiza, has managed to privatize
a public green area used for their own benefit and as access
to the hotel zone, in an incomprehensible favorable treatment
certainly not dispensed to other businesses
..."

:rolleyes:
point 3 is like the official declaration of (disco-)war -
but in a dimension never reached by any ibiza-disco-war b4 :eek: :eek: 8) :twisted:

pacha doing illegal work @ toromar ?

http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...plejo-situado-parque-natural-ses-salines.html

ps:
"...
The City Council has reported that "has not granted any license Toromar works", so if it is confirmed that they are working in the area "will be issued the appropriate order to stop".

The Consistory also reminded that last summer sent a notification to Toromar in which he stated that currently have no business license and therefore can not develop any commercial activity ...

..."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...josep-confirma-concedido-licencia/638844.html

Last edited by a moderator:
it was rumoured to stay closed this winter. in the end they opened but without any international guest dj, just the residents!

same happened this winter and in the end they're still open. and this winter has been a very good one for pacha so far!

Back