Organ donors

I'm against state mandated organ donations. This might give cause to let someone die so they can harvest their organs????

I agree and can see things going that way with a tendency to go "DNR" too easily at the very least. Naive to think there will not be abuse. Let's face it, the NHS in the UK cannot even keep records accurate or secure when you are alive so I have very little confidence in the security of a do not harvest 'opt-out' being 100% error-free when you are dead.

Anyhow, by the time I've finished with my organs I doubt they will be fit for much else - so not too worried on my own account... but I don't favour a State right. Governments and health professionals quite simply cannot be trusted with that.

I recommend having a good watch of this 'golden oldie' : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077355/

Well for my body I'm undecided??
I was on the donor list until I had to have a blood transfusion.
The months that followed it were most peculiar so I took myself off the donor list until I reached a point of decision, but i still havnt.
Now this is gonna sound weird or make me sound very weird or both! :)
But after I had my blood transfusion I felt most peculiar for a few months, I had strange body sensations and felt like I could feel the emotions and witness the thoughts of the blood donors - I also had some very vivid dreams/visions that were very odd.
I was feeling quite disturbed by it all for a while
I spoke to my GP about it at length and he said that it was not uncommon for people to report such things after receiving blood and that it was heightened if received an organ - I then looked into a few studies that had been done and a documentary with many incidences of people having strange experiences after receiving organs.
Umm so I'm still undecided!
Anyone else heard this sort of thing or any experience of it?

Yes I'm prepared to be laughed at!

I was on the donor list until I had to have a blood transfusion.
The months that followed it were most peculiar so I took myself off the donor list until I reached a point of decision, but i still havnt.
Now this is gonna sound weird or make me sound very weird or both! :)
But after I had my blood transfusion I felt most peculiar for a few months, I had strange body sensations and felt like I could feel the emotions and witness the thoughts of the blood donors - I also had some very vivid dreams/visions that were very odd.
I spoke to my GP about it at length and he said that it was not uncommon for people to report such things after receiving blood and that it was heightened if received an organ - I then looked into a few studies that had been done and a documentary with many incidences of people having strange experiences after receiving organs.
Umm so I'm still undecided!
Anyone else heard this sort of thing or any experience of it?

Yes I'm prepared to be laughed at!

Sounds like you might have ended up with a pint of mine following a b2b session:eek:

I was a pharmacy technician in a former life, and signed up to donor register.

The only thing I didn't donate was my eyes, not sure why, just didn't fancy them taking my eyes. Odd, I know!

Think everyone should unless it goes against their beliefs, it could be you or a member of your family who are in need one day!

I think id rather have those feelings and emotions than die because I didnt get the organ I needed!

Im on the organ donation list, I just think if someone can use something of mine when I no longer need it,then why not let them,

Back