Options to get to Formentera

JohnP

I am determined to get across to Formentera on our Sept visit. We are staying in Es Cana and have a car. Is is best to drive to Ibiza Town - or is the ferry from St Eulalia a better option.

What are the merits - speed / cost / parking / timings, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Formentera boat from Es Cana, 0.9.00 & 10.00,returns at 17.00 & 17.15.
Return trip is 27 euro, saturday and sunday 10.00 only.

well its up to you wether you go from there or not.sat/sun/you could drive down to playa den bossa.park next door to the hotel Tres Carabelas on the left handside as you drive into pdb.just passed is a carpark,walk down to beach from there.right in front is the place you get boats from.10 15/& 10.45....20 euros.

free carpark.boats gets back for 4.30 ish or 5.30 ish.depends which one you go on.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/maps/bossa02.htm

Is that the boat that also goes to St Elualia and Ibiza Town?

Does it go directly to Formentera from Playa den Bossa?

yes i think what they do is pick up people on the way down.so the boat is full.but you could spend time later in pdb.thats what i was thinking and a drive out as well.

pulls in at figueretas as well.then pdb then on to Formentera

its like the same when you want to go to es cana via boat.you get on at pdb then ibiza town.then St Elualia.if there is a lot getting on you get on a bigger boat.it then pulls into cala longa.then on to es cana,there is a faster boat to Formentera that leaves ibizatown.fastcat.but not sure of times.

yes i think what they do is pick up people on the way down.so the boat is full.but you could spend time later in pdb.thats what i was thinking and a drive out as well.

pulls in at figueretas as well.then pdb then on to Formentera

its like the same when you want to go to es cana via boat.you get on at pdb then ibiza town.then St Elualia.if there is a lot getting on you get on a bigger boat.it then pulls into cala longa.then on to es cana,there is a faster boat to Formentera that leaves ibizatown.fastcat.but not sure of times.
I am begining to think that driving to the main Port in Ibiza Town may be best - Do you know what the parking is like?
Also - when getting to Formentera - what are the options for getting to a nearby - but good, beach?

parking is hell in ibiza town.so for just the extra 2 miles drive to where i said .free car park next door to hotel.and get the bost from there.the boat drops off at two places on the island up to you which you fancy.you can either walk to beaches hire a car out there or arrpush bike.i just turned left from boat when i went many years ago,right into nudest area.good day out.

To be clear about this,the service I mentioned starts at Es Cana then pulls in at Santa Eulalia and Cala Llonga,then it goes directly to Formentera.It does not go to Ibiza town,Fig or Pdb !
You may have to change boat at SE,however you sometimes have to do that on the Es Cana to Ibiza route anyway. http://www.ferrysantaeulalia.com/

Some of the hotels offer discounted tickets to Formentera. My previous hotel, Ibiza Playa, offered a Captain Hook (Figuretas/Formentera ret) ticket for e15,- when the normal price was e20,- a great help!! Ask around!!

We went to Formentera last week - stunning beach.

Got the bus then ferry. Nobody said whereabouts the beaches were so me and hubby decided to walk......1hr and a full circle later (after failing to hire a scooter) we got back to the port and got a bus.

:lol:

Back