Opening Parties...

MrMambo

Greetings....
Going to the Island June 13th for a week which is when most of the opening parties are happening.
Bit of a dilemma tho; on the Thursday its both the Cream opening party at Amnesia and the Ministry opening at Pacha. I went to Cream a couple of years ago and had an amazing time, but Ive never been to Pacha....
Any advice on which one is 'better' anyone?
Thanks

MrMambo said:
Greetings....
Going to the Island June 13th for a week which is when most of the opening parties are happening.
Bit of a dilemma tho; on the Thursday its both the Cream opening party at Amnesia and the Ministry opening at Pacha. I went to Cream a couple of years ago and had an amazing time, but Ive never been to Pacha....
Any advice on which one is 'better' anyone?
Thanks

GO TO MINISTRY!! A little bird told me that Masters at Work are playing Opening Party for Ministry and they hardly ever play together. You can see Tiesto all over the place but MAW are not to be missed :D

Beg to differ there, Cream Opening will be awesome - Tiesto and Tall Paul

Forget Ministry - MY plan is to do Cream on the Thurs 19th and then Pacha on the 20th for the 30th B'day do !

Oh hang on though if you are flying back on the Friday then I see your problem.

Never been a big Ministry fan but when it comes down to it, I think either night will be excellent.

Then again I'm a trance fiend rather than house so I'm biased towards Tiesto! :twisted:

Toffer said:
Beg to differ there, Cream Opening will be awesome - Tiesto and Tall Paul

Forget Ministry - MY plan is to do Cream on the Thurs 19th and then Pacha on the 20th for the 30th B'day do !

Oh hang on though if you are flying back on the Friday then I see your problem.

Never been a big Ministry fan but when it comes down to it, I think either night will be excellent.

Then again I'm a trance fiend rather than house so I'm biased towards Tiesto! :twisted:

Yeah but my point is you can see Tiesto and Tall Paul any day of the wk, MAW are playing Ministry in London on 31 May for the 1st time in the country for about 3 years or something, they haven't played together in Ibiza since 1999. Seeing them together is like seeing the likes of Danny T or Danny Krivit in that they're legends who you don't get to see very often :D

Fair point Barbie - I see your point and for house fans, can't really argue with that logic.

However, for me Cream Opening is Cream Opening if you see what I mean.

However I know you are a bit of an expert in House, so I guess if this dude likes house then it's a no-brainer!

:)

Well, thanks for the advice guys!

I think we'd all agree its a close call....

MAW wins it by a nose. Either way..........BRING IT ON!!!

Cheers

How can you even compare two quality musician's with two trance or whatever you wanna call it DJ's !!!

It's stuff like that that puts me off going out these days.

Each to their own n all that!

:)

Beethoven was a genuis - but that doesn't mean that I like to listen to his music though.

Trance

But what event do you think would be better for a terrific trance set. I'd probably go with Cream, just because I've never seen Tiesto before. Its a tough one though, too bad they picked such great events to be on the same night. I am also on the same schedule, I'll be there from the 15th till the 20th.

You want trance = Cream

You want house = Ministry

Simplistic but it's as easy as that.

:lol:

Toffer said:
You want trance = Cream

You want house = Ministry

Simplistic but it's as easy as that.

:lol:

Agree to an extent but this is the funking Masters at Work we are talking about, I defy anyone who appreciates good music not to have the time of their life at Ministry with MAW whether they like trance/house/whatever :D

Barbie, not arguing with you but the basic thing for a trance fiend is that Cream opening is the highlight of the week for most of us.

Tiesto and Tall Paul is perfect - It could only really be beaten if AVB and PVD were there as well.

Guess I should be more open minded, but I only generally go to small club nights in the UK so don't see many of the big names that often.

I think Ill go to ministry.
Reasons...
Never been to Pacha.
Been to Cream/amnesia.
Variety is Good.
Never seen Masters at Work.
By the sounds of it, i should.
Variety is good.

Take care now...
Bye bye

Toffer said:
Barbie, not arguing with you but the basic thing for a trance fiend is that Cream opening is the highlight of the week for most of us.

Tiesto and Tall Paul is perfect - It could only really be beaten if AVB and PVD were there as well.

Guess I should be more open minded, but I only generally go to small club nights in the UK so don't see many of the big names that often.

Each to their own matey, it would be boring if we all liked the same thing :D

Just humour me cos I am soooooooo excited about MAW playing together again, cannot wait for 31st May - 9 hours of pure heaven :D Been looking forward to it for soooo long that I am just obsessed with all things MAW-like at the mo :D

I'm sure you'll have a blinder at Cream 8)

No worries Barbie,

To be fair, if Cream wasn't on I'd have been well up for it!

Agree variety is a good thing!

Classic case is Friday 20th, my mates want Dave Pearce - Although I like my trance that is a step too far so I'm defecting and going to Pacha instead for that evening.

To be honest, nowhere seems to play my style of tunes anymore anyway (Goa and psy trance - screaming acid lines, banging and not full of cheezy lyrics - all went out of fashion when trance reinvented itself back in about 97 and went into the pop market).

It is funny though just how many different combinations of nights out you can actually have in one week though! I'm trying to take in a little bit of everything - but Cream is a must for us I'm afraid.

Always a pleasure, never a chore

Toffer said:
Classic case is Friday 20th, my mates want Dave Pearce - Although I like my trance that is a step too far so I'm defecting and going to Pacha instead for that evening.

See you down the front in Pacha then on the 20th :D

Cool, you can get a second mortgage and buy me a birthday drink if you like! As I'll be 30 that day (gulp!)

But yep, I'll be down the front givin it loads!!! :lol:

Sorry Mr Mambo, whilst I love house (Savage was aswesome on Friday by the way) trance wins it by a nose ........ my vote goes to Cream ........ Ave it!

Palanniuk???????

What kind of cryptic name is that. freakboy??!!!! ;)

Agreed, Anne Savage was amazing.....a decent warm up!

Flip a coin for Thursady night then...Heads I win, tails you lose yeah?

Later mate.

Back