Opening Parties - Roll Call

TazLondon

Who is going to any of the opening weekends below:

A) Amnesia - 11 May
B) Ushuaia / Hi 24 hour opening - 18 May
C) IMS Weekend (IMS / Cocoon20 / Elrow / Solomun+1) - 24-27 May

Personally I would like to go C) but the flights from London are stupidly expensive (from the airports that work for us), so toying with the idea of one of the other two.

We are going to the 18 May opening. We bought the tickets when the date was announced, thinking there would be a Music On opening at Amnesia on Friday 17th and a Circoloco opening at DC-10 on Monday 20th.

Now that we know there will be no Music On on Friday because they've moved to Pacha, 24-27 weekend seems the best because there will be Ants Opening, IMS, Cocoon, Solomun... On the other hand, the Circoloco opening will be a fkn madness, the 24h party at Ushuaia-Hi will be unique, you won't see anything like it during the season...and maybe there will be another party at Amnesia that Friday (anyway, it's the Eden opening)

We are going to the 18 May opening. We bought the tickets when the date was announced, thinking there would be a Music On opening at Amnesia on Friday 17th and a Circoloco opening at DC-10 on Monday 20th.

Now that we know there will be no Music On on Friday because they've moved to Pacha, 24-27 weekend seems the best because there will be Ants Opening, IMS, Cocoon, Solomun... On the other hand, the Circoloco opening will be a fkn madness, the 24h party at Ushuaia-Hi will be unique, you won't see anything like it during the season...and maybe there will be another party at Amnesia that Friday (anyway, it's the Eden opening)
ANTS actually opens on the 1st of June.

I think the 24 hour party at Ushuaia / Hi will be good, but I'm waiting to see who else is on the lineup.

What date are you flying out?

Music On opening is the 16th of May...

ANTS actually opens on the 1st of June.

I think the 24 hour party at Ushuaia / Hi will be good, but I'm waiting to see who else is on the lineup.

What date are you flying out?

Music On opening is the 16th of May...
We are going from 17 to 21. I'm no longer interested in Music On after moving to Pacha... You're right, Ants opening is on June 1st. It's a pity they make the openings in 3 weekends, one weekend would be perfect. As I said before, I still have some hope in a new Amnesia party opening on Friday 17th.

We arrive on the 22nd and leave on the 29th Wednesday flights are always cheaper from Bristol. So it’s option C for me. I think we will defo be doing IMS and Cocoon 20.

There 15-29th so planning on a few of the openings. Really want to do IMS gig, Cocoon20 and Solomun +1 in same weekend but I can’t being doing those 3 in a row while am with the fiancée. Has anyone been to the IMS Dalt Vila in the past and is it decent? Obvs line up is good.

There 15-29th so planning on a few of the openings. Really want to do IMS gig, Cocoon20 and Solomun +1 in same weekend but I can’t being doing those 3 in a row while am with the fiancée. Has anyone been to the IMS Dalt Vila in the past and is it decent? Obvs line up is good.
Venue is great, really beautiful... I found the volume lacking but that make senses given the surroundings.

I suppose it depends who is playing Cocoon20, but I would probably do IMS Dalt Vila as it's unique, and Solomun + 1 opening... or I would convince the fiancée.

FYI - Dalt Vila ends at midnight, so you *could *realistically do all 3.

I will be there 15/May - 04/June, so i could technically do 'B'&'C', but I will probably skip these larger events for some smaller club nights and/or bars. The lone exception may be a Defected and/or Glitterbox opening. Will decide a bit closer to date.

Just keeping calm, knowing I could always "get my SWAG on" if push came to shove.

Who is going to any of the opening weekends below:

A) Amnesia - 11 May
B) Ushuaia / Hi 24 hour opening - 18 May
C) IMS Weekend (IMS / Cocoon20 / Elrow / Solomun+1) - 24-27 May

Personally I would like to go C) but the flights from London are stupidly expensive (from the airports that work for us), so toying with the idea of one of the other two.
I'm going to the Ushuaia opening! Flying from the States and will be there from May 15-19.

Right so actually booked something - out this weekend, land early Friday AM and fly back home Sunday night.

This weekend has now ended up with too many options for the Friday:

o Do Not Sleep @ Cova Santa - I like Ialrio, never ben to Cova Santa
o Music On AfterParty @ Blue Marlin
o Mirage Opening at the Zoo

What would people suggest from the above?

Saturday may do Hi if we can get proper guest list again, Hi is just GRIM when it's too busy in the main room; may still go if we can't as the Club room should be banging with some Space.

Sunday - maybe El Patio, never been.

out of the three I‘d personally say cova santa

mirage opening has a really good line up, but my gut feeling tells me it might not get that busy with o beach and ibiza rocks openings plus those two other options (blue marlin and cova santa). prove me wrong though and I actually hope I will be

out of the three I‘d personally say cova santa

mirage opening has a really good line up, but my gut feeling tells me it might not get that busy with o beach and ibiza rocks openings plus those two other options (blue marlin and cova santa). prove me wrong though and I actually hope I will be
Well, that's good, because that's the one we were leaning towards - staying @ Migjorn in PDB so it's close, and have a car.

Is driving there and parking an option (if you're completely sober)?

Why not Blue Marlin?

Well, that's good, because that's the one we were leaning towards - staying @ Migjorn in PDB so it's close, and have a car.

Is driving there and parking an option (if you're completely sober)?

Why not Blue Marlin?

they have parking but it might be full if you arrive late.

well, if carola is your thing then BM also an option if course. just thought since you‘ve never been to cova santa it might be a great opportunity to see it

they have parking but it might be full if you arrive late.

well, if carola is your thing then BM also an option if course. just thought since you‘ve never been to cova santa it might be a great opportunity to see it
Thanks for the advice - not sure about Carola.

I like Ilario Alicante , Darius Syrossian and Technasia so if we go anywhere we'll probably go there... you gonna check it out?

Thanks for the advice - not sure about Carola.

I like Ilario Alicante , Darius Syrossian and Technasia so if we go anywhere we'll probably go there... you gonna check it out?

possibly but will decide pretty spontaneously

Right so actually booked something - out this weekend, land early Friday AM and fly back home Sunday night.

This weekend has now ended up with too many options for the Friday:

o Do Not Sleep @ Cova Santa - I like Ialrio, never ben to Cova Santa
o Music On AfterParty @ Blue Marlin
o Mirage Opening at the Zoo

What would people suggest from the above?

Saturday may do Hi if we can get proper guest list again, Hi is just GRIM when it's too busy in the main room; may still go if we can't as the Club room should be banging with some Space.

Sunday - maybe El Patio, never been.
My friends and I are doing Cova Santa on Friday (never been there so it's a good opportunity) and Odyssey on Saturday

I’m there for IMS weekend...
So many nights to pick from, the ones on my radar:

Fri - IMS @ Dalt Vila / Dixon @ Pacha / DJ Seinfeld @ Pikes

Sat - Cocoon @ Ushuaia / Erick Morillo @ Pacha / Bushwacka @ Pikes

Sun - Masters At Work @ Hi / Luciano @ Heart / Justin Robertson @ Pikes / Pete Tong @ Blue Marlin / Zoo Project @ Benimussa Park

I’m sure there’s someit on at Amnesia too....difficult to keep track....not everything goes in the calendar of course ?

I’m there for IMS weekend...
So many nights to pick from, the ones on my radar:

Fri - IMS @ Dalt Vila / Dixon @ Pacha / DJ Seinfeld @ Pikes

Sat - Cocoon @ Ushuaia / Erick Morillo @ Pacha / Bushwacka @ Pikes

Sun - Masters At Work @ Hi / Luciano @ Heart / Justin Robertson @ Pikes / Pete Tong @ Blue Marlin / Zoo Project @ Benimussa Park

I’m sure there’s someit on at Amnesia too....difficult to keep track....not everything goes in the calendar of course ?
Its such a brilliant choice (I dont think anywhere globally you could get this). Personally, I'd do Friday: IMS and then over to Dixon @ Pacha; Saturday Cocoon and then later to Pikes (Pacha done Friday); Sunday Zoo Project (never been myself) and then sundowners at Blue Marlin... enjoy!!!

Back