One Week in Ibiza (25/8 - 1/9)

Good review, but in pitching SA against PDB, you have to consider Figueretas and Ibiza Town are in walking distance from PDB. ;) That easily sways it for me.

I really enjoyed staying at figueretas last year, but I'd have to agree with the op that I much prefer San an to PDB :)

However, once we turned up, we found out that both EDX and Nora En Pure were not a part of the night’s lineup after all and the only room that would be open was the small Vista Club that was depressingly empty. Turns out the entire crowd who came up was outside of the club arguing with the staff there - many of who paid at least 30 euros for wristbands/tickets and were rightly mad at the whole scene. A sad state of affairs for sure, made all the more depressing by the fact that Privilege is essentially a crumbling shell of its former self. We decided to just go back to Playa D’En Bossa and barhopped until about 4am when we called it a night. Discobus and cab fare seemed like a small price to pay compared to people who paid for that + admission. I reached out to EDX via Facebook and email - their response was that the lineup was changed weeks in advance (guess no one got the memo) and that in fact EDX did show up as a spectator because it was the closing party.

(Part 1 of 2)

I was really curious about how this night was going but like I suspected, it wasn't doing well and is probably the real reason the two headliners pulled out. I can't believe EDX wouldn't play at his own closing party, he probably didn't think the numbers justified it which sucks for all the fans. I'm a fan of both Nora and especially EDX and feel there definitely should be a place for some prog and indie house in a scene like Ibiza, but I guess techno (which I also like) still rules there, when really it's the melodic housey stuff that's more representative of the classic ibiza vibe.

I was really curious about how this night was going but like I suspected, it wasn't doing well and is probably the real reason the two headliners pulled out. I can't believe EDX wouldn't play at his own closing party, he probably didn't think the numbers justified it which sucks for all the fans. I'm a fan of both Nora and especially EDX and feel there definitely should be a place for some prog and indie house in a scene like Ibiza, but I guess techno (which I also like) still rules there, when really it's the melodic housey stuff that's more representative of the classic ibiza vibe.

The whole experience didn't make a whole lot of sense. Vista Club is a shithole. I was on a bus full of people headed to the event and there was, oddly, a steady of stream soon to be bewildered people trying to get in. EDX came out for the event but didn't play.

Maybe it'd make sense at a different venue other than one of the superclubs?

As a counterpoint, EDX plays a lot of weird venues in the US though, too. His NYC date this year was a hole in the wall cigar bar/bottle service joint in Queens. It was weird seeing EDX being advertised on poster with a bunch of gangster rapper types - although it must've worked out okay because Nora En Pure is there this weekend!

Back