One Nation under a M@$&^$*&*^in' Groove!

omg i actually understand something you're all rambling on about (apart from johnny of course).

i saw george and the boys in 78 (and coincidentally have seen a couple of programmes about him the last couple of days on bbc4 and sky arts/performance) and have been a big fan of herbie hancock for more years than i'd like to admit.

check out my ramblings on this thread

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=53420

as for your scally clothes, that's another story.

omg i actually understand something you're all rambling on about (apart from johnny of course).

i saw george and the boys in 78 (and coincidentally have seen a couple of programmes about him the last couple of days on bbc4 and sky arts/performance) and have been a big fan of herbie hancock for more years than i'd like to admit.

check out my ramblings on this thread

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=53420

as for your scally clothes, that's another story.
I was waiting for you to show up :lol: thought I remembered you being a fan.

George & co. must have been absolutely mental on stage back in '78...

George Clinton is a true don! Funkadelic, 1 of the main reasons that i got involved in this whole genre!! Remember the day so well, that i bought the 1 Nation Albumn, still sounds great!!
'who says a funk band cant play rock music........' bad bad tune!!
The band played a couple of songs where they rocked out, and a couple of songs where they went all bluesy. Just top musicians, really... the funk is all about attitude!

Bring on the funk.

243466.jpg

I was waiting for you to show up :lol: thought I remembered you being a fan.

George & co. must have been absolutely mental on stage back in '78...

yup, it was the time of 'put as many musicians on stage as possible.'

i saw bootsy in the same year as well, and earth wind and fire too!

funk

Great music George Clinton, Parlement, funkadelic, Love atomic dog have a history of P funk comp that kicks azz

yup, it was the time of 'put as many musicians on stage as possible.'

i saw bootsy in the same year as well, and earth wind and fire too!

I was at Paliament and the Bootsy one too.

Hammersmith Odeon

Also around that time I saw Brass Construction, The Crusaders, Crown Heights Affair, Rose Royce, Heatwave, Tavares, Ronnie Laws

Saw Bowie in 1975. Then Mott the Hoople with Queen as the support band.

Fantastic times.

i rememeber the crown heights affair pinching ian dury's hit me with your rhythm stick and rose royce's support band had three of the foxiest chick singers i'd ever seen - but i can't remember their name! i went to see heatwave - all kitted out with my funky whistle - but it seemed that the world and their mum had all turned up to see the tavares and i couldn't get in!

I couldn't get tickets for the Earth , Wind and Fire one.

Also saw Hi Tension, Steel Pulse, Jimmy Cliff, Chic and The Real Thing....'can you feel the force'

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll see your real thing and raise you a johnny johnson and the bandwaggon - blame it on the pony express!!!

Thanks guys.. you're making me feel young again :lol: ;)

My first concert was Culture Club in the mid-80s! :lol:

We're resigned to seeing all of modern music's founding fathers when they're well past their prime. But at least we can take solace in the opportunity.

In a week and a half, I'm going to see Chuck Berry for the 2nd time! :D

Thanks guys.. you're making me feel young again :lol: ;)

My first concert was Culture Club in the mid-80s! :lol:

We're resigned to seeing all of modern music's founding fathers when they're well past their prime. But at least we can take solace in the opportunity.

In a week and a half, I'm going to see Chuck Berry for the 2nd time! :D

Me too, glad someone else starting to feel young again on here! I went to see Simple Minds in around 85 as my first concert.

In June i'm going to see Neil Diamond at the O2! :D

Back