One Nation under a M@$&^$*&*^in' Groove!

Morbyd

Right, so this inexcusably crappy mobile phone photo:

clinton.jpg

was taken just seconds before I FRIGGIN' MET GEORGE CLINTON last night! :D :D :D

The man himself sat in the lobby of the concert venue and signed autographs for an hour! Most people (myself included) didn't even notice him as they walked into the venue as there was a small crowd around the table, where they were selling merchandise. Curiosity got the best of me so I went over for a look and figured out what was going on.

He and his entourage were excited to see another black face (merchandise guy: "I've seen only one other black person since we arrived yesterday" :lol:). Shook the man's hand and had a 5-minute conversation - asked where I'm from, etc., told him I'd seen him at Lolapalooza (despite being ancient, he recalled it was '94.... I was thinking '93!). He signed a CD for me.

LEGEND!

The concert itself was great, of course. P-Funk played for about 3 hours :eek: with George himself participating for about 1.5 hours of it. These guys just jam with the funk... each song must have lasted about 20 minutes!

Class...

(thanks for reading my mid-afternoon drunken ramblings :lol:)

Where do you think they got the phrase?! :lol:
And what a great sentiment!

The funk of George & co. is an important link in the evolution of the music most of clubbing types listen to today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, i actually thought you were talking about my current favourite fashion label:oops::)

Gio Goi

http://www.gio-goi.com/

image3xl.jpg

gio goi aint current!!

was started back in the early 90's by wannabe manc gangsters the donnellys!!

was at a post show party in birmingham after the premier menswear event when one of em let off a cs gas canister.....fookin numpty!!!

gio goi aint current!!

was started back in the early 90's by wannabe manc gangsters the donnellys!!

was at a post show party in birmingham after the premier menswear event when one of em let off a cs gas canister.....fookin numpty!!!

Indeed i first wore Gio Goi in 1991, but since the label was re-launched 2/3 years ago ive started wearing it again, currently got 3 t-shirts.

It has been around donkeys around the same time when Soviet, Destroy, Ton Sur Ton all were main brands. Kenzo also you to be quie big in the mens clothes then.

It has been around donkeys around the same time when Soviet, Destroy, Ton Sur Ton all were main brands. Kenzo also you to be quie big in the mens clothes then.

A man after my own heart, i wore all those labels along with Chipie, Michiko Koshino,Sonetti, etc.;)

Blimey! Ton Sur Ton. That's a blast from the past.

Ah, the era of Dosse Posse, No Fear and of course Global Hypercolour. That was also when owning a Schott puffer was considered cool.

Blimey! Ton Sur Ton. That's a blast from the past.

Ah, the era of Dosse Posse, No Fear and of course Global Hypercolour. That was also when owning a Schott puffer was considered cool.

Dosse Posse remember it well, what about Daniel Poole ;)

even Bennetton in those days was cool.8)

A man after my own heart, i wore all those labels along with Chipie, Michiko Koshino,Sonetti, etc.;)

How could I forget Chipie??? My and my mate used to nick all his older brother's sweatshirts and tops then bring back after a night of sweating in them! The final straw was a hot rock bang in the middle of one! Lit it up like Guy Fawkes, tried sneaking it back into his wardrobe and so you can imagine when he thought 'ooh I might wear this lovely top tonight' and then after a while 'I wonder why my nipples are feeling a slight draught!!'
Well my mate got beats, i just didn't go round there for a year till I was bit bigger and braver and how we could all laugh and joke about it over a Foster's Top! That's what he drunk so probably deserves everything he got the mug!!;):lol: No offense to any FT drinkers ;) I sometimes have a dash of lime in my lager if i'm honest but only occassionaly :oops:

Awwww lucky man - I absolutely LOVE George Clinton. 8)

...on another note - can't stop listening to Herbie Hancock lately. Only just discovered his music (bizarrely) and he's a genius. :eek: Anyone else like him?

Awwww lucky man - I absolutely LOVE George Clinton. 8)

...on another note - can't stop listening to Herbie Hancock lately. Only just discovered his music (bizarrely) and he's a genius. :eek: Anyone else like him?
I loved that one song Rockit :lol:

Apparently his sales have skyrocketed since the Grammy. Must be something to it... must investigate...

George Clinton is a true don! Funkadelic, 1 of the main reasons that i got involved in this whole genre!! Remember the day so well, that i bought the 1 Nation Albumn, still sounds great!!
'who says a funk band cant play rock music........' bad bad tune!!

Herbie Hancock, got the Rockit Albumn, class!

Back