Older Ibiza Virgins and Smiley T-Shirts

20_years_acid_house

20 years ago I attended a few illegal acid house raves.. Then life got serious with work and family.. I came to Ibiza 2 years ago with my girlfriend for the first time. I enjoyed it so much that all I could think about was how I had missed the oppertunity to come to Ibiza when I was much younger. In fact when I realised what I had been missing one word kept coming into my head, simply "bugger" !

Not to dwell I have been out to party 3 times each summer. My next trip out is closing of Space 5th October and visit to DC10 the day after. In fact, having gone to most the clubs during my visits these 2 venues especially We Love and Circo Loco have proved to be my favourites and I aint in a rush to go anywhere else to be honest.

Never have I found such friendly open minded attitudes anywhere in the world and I have been around the world a few times. It's sad that the authorities are sqeezing the scene, so there may not be long left to enjoy it. So if you're older like me make the most of it, or if you're much younger, make the most of it too..

I hope to see you there.. And like 20 years ago I shall have a smiley t-shirt on : )

Love it :)

some clowns in playadenbossa charge 38(!!!) euros for a smiley-t-shirt
(probably bought for 50cents in china):

That's because there are clowns who pay that money for them or the Bora Bora sun has gone to their heads.. Being Scottish I take note of prices coz I'm as tight as a ducks arse (apparently) lol

Viva Acid House indeed!!!

Dj Pierre and Phuture 303 at the Soundhaus in Glasgow this week!!!!

anywhere near that "20 years"? 8)

NOOOO... Thanks Doddy, I appreciate the info, but I work offshore and I'm away till 2nd Oct the day before I fly out (from Manchester) to Ibiza. Otherwise I certainly would have been in attendance.. I've only been to the Soundhaus a couple of times.. Mainly my main night is Pressure @ the Arches, but my dates dont work out for that until the end of November. Not to worry, it's all good, cheers mate..

Hey Jonny, thanks for your comments about Acid House.. So true.. I was at We Love opening this year and as I'm sure you know the theme was acid house with big smileys everywhere.. I didnt hear any old skool played anywhere. However, I did read on White Ibiza that Dj Pierre banged out a 2 hour set of acid house classics and rave anthems. I missed it.. Arghhhhhh

NOOOO... Thanks Doddy, I appreciate the info, but I work offshore and I'm away till 2nd Oct the day before I fly out (from Manchester) to Ibiza. Otherwise I certainly would have been in attendance.. I've only been to the Soundhaus a couple of times.. Mainly my main night is Pressure @ the Arches, but my dates dont work out for that until the end of November. Not to worry, it's all good, cheers mate..

yes mate im a pressure regular as well ... not been for a while right enough!!! maybe getting old old for it :lol:

love acid house as well mate, seen Woody McBride a few times in the Soundhaus at the Monox nights and the Innercity Acid nights are good as well ....

i also used to be a regular attendee at th art school back in the days of the Knucklehead dj's ..... now that was back in the day 8)

We were down at the End a couple of weeks ago for a Shoom & Clink Street Reunion - one of the best nights I have experienced in years! A lot of people I spoke to hadnt been out since the late eighties and it seriously went off. All the music was pre '89 and on a decent soundsystem it makes you realise how good it was.

We can still show these youngsters how to party! None of yer moodie ket & C crowd and everyone knew proper clubbing etiquette! Ahh, those were the days. I feel old now. Off for my afternoon nap.

Mr Bigler,

I bet that was a great night.. Nice one.. It's always nice to see people who have not had a night of old skool for 20 years. Brings back so many memories. Afternoon naps, yee cannae beat them.

Mr Doddy,

I cant beleive you think you're too old for Pressure. That means I'm well fooked. I dont think so, I feel totally fine at Pressure and next visit shall be the 10 birthday bash at the end of November. At Pressure we never hear, "here we, here we, here we ****in go" (I hate that so much).

It is nice looking back, but it can be quite depressing if you're not carefull. So I choose my nights/days out carefully. Space closing 5th Oct and DC10 on the 6th is my next party and I cant wait. I bet I'm not the oldest in the house :)

i might try and make the 10th birthday as well mate ..... so far i hear Dusty Kid and Boys Noize are playing live which should be good ..... seen Dusty Kid at T in the Park and he was awesome!!!8)

I love these threads where the 'older generation' of clubbers can unite :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure the youth of today wouldn't dream of carrying generators and equipment miles across the moors in the pouring rain simply to party:lol:

i might try and make the 10th birthday as well mate ..... so far i hear Dusty Kid and Boys Noize are playing live which should be good ..... seen Dusty Kid at T in the Park and he was awesome!!!8)

Try? You must, sounds like it will be a cracker and hopefully it will be at least a 4am finish or possibly 5am

I love these threads where the 'older generation' of clubbers can unite :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure the youth of today wouldn't dream of carrying generators and equipment miles across the moors in the pouring rain simply to party:lol:

I am so glad I was born when I was. Kids these days have no imagination and missed something that will never be repeated.

Back