Old Café del Mar

Pete

Dose anyone know what was on the sight before Café del Mar was there. Also dose anyone know of any pictures of it before it looked an Ice Cream Parlor. Don't get me wrong, I (as we all do) love Café del Mar.

Well its been there 27 years i thnk so i'd guess that before the building was there there was nothing there at all.

Pete said:
Dose anyone know what was on the sight before Café del Mar was there. Also dose anyone know of any pictures of it before it looked an Ice Cream Parlor. Don't get me wrong, I (as we all do) love Café del Mar.

well, what i remember: somewhere end of the 80's, begin 90's: there was a small "terrace" with some old chairs, hardly any neighbours (you actually needed to walk a bit before you got there). I still have a cassette I bought from José Padilla back then! Actually I remember having a long talk with him about Life & stuff ;) .
All in all it did not have the "supermarket" feeling it has today...

cheers,
pawa

swiss taff said:
hey Pawa, sounds as if you are a part of that history :)

:D the island is addictive to say the least... been going for 14 years now and still can't get enough.... I've seen the island change for sure (sometimes better, sometimes worse), but it is still the place for me (I go at least 3 times a year.... sigh (went for a quick visit at the end of March and even that was a great experience... Pacha packed!), only 6 more weeks before D-Day :D

cheers,
pawa

pawa said:
swiss taff said:
hey Pawa, sounds as if you are a part of that history :)

:D the island is addictive to say the least... been going for 14 years now and still can't get enough.... I've seen the island change for sure (sometimes better, sometimes worse), but it is still the place for me (I go at least 3 times a year.... sigh (went for a quick visit at the end of March and even that was a great experience... Pacha packed!), only 6 more weeks before D-Day :D

cheers,
pawa

you right about the addictiveness, I started my adventure in 2000 and keep going back at least twice a season ;)
14th June :D

swiss taff said:
you right about the addictiveness, I started my adventure in 2000 and keep going back at least twice a season ;)
14th June :D

happy people in June :D

enjoy!
pawa

me too I got addicted in 2000, was so grumpy when I got to the Island - thought they would play pop and stuff and sat in my room for 3 days pissed off, untill one of the DJs I was with took me for a vip experience in Privelege - Ive converted into trancehood every since lol*

del mar

didnt think there was anything there before the cafe

cafe del mar

well back way yonder in the days of ur gran there was a viking outpost wich came upon fire by the spanish armada and then well how should i know.
It was probably rocks b4 then they must have built the apartments with the little cafe bar underneath which was bought by padilla after he heard a voice telling him "if u buy it they will come" then he started playing some nice sounding music that people liked and yes they did come lots of them.

Pete said:
Also dose anyone know of any pictures of it before it looked an Ice Cream Parlor.

I have some pics from 91 - it was a great place back then! Very laid back and great music!! My friend used to live on the top floor (corner flat) I MISS THOSE DAYS!!!

As far as I remember, there was no Café del Mar in 74 when I first came, but Catalina was there.

There was a great place called Club San Rafael (later KU)

Will see if I can scan some pics. ;)

you have to go to cafe del mar in the low season, in summer its a kindergarden with shit people and shit music,... :evil: but in may or october its as fantastic, as it was 15 years ago,... :D

God .. am wondering what it looks like TODAY ... the last time I was in Ibiza was 1982 !!!!

exactly the same. don't worry some things never change here.

robo's socks for example!

Ah! Socks .. smell .. hmm ... hehe ... hopefully I will have a stuffy nose!

Tis a very revered profession I'll have you know ! Involves whistles and balls of cotton wool ...

Back