OFF THE RAILS Returns – JOHN 00 FLEMING, SOLARSTONE, JON O’BIR @ The Plug - 23/10/09

OTR

Off The Rails returns - Friday 23rd October @ ‘The Plug’, Sheffield

OTR_oct_flyer_NET_reverse_edited-2s.jpg

Off The Rails (OTR) is the Sheffield based trance night that has caused a stir through club land ever since its foundations were laid in February 2007. After quickly becoming known for a truly world class DJ bill, first rate productions and a unique atmosphere, OTR gave the local club scene a much needed beat injection and has well and truly become a staple to any clubbers calender.

OTR's home is Sheffield’s renowned and award winning nightclub 'The Plug'. With our signature laser cut dancefloor bathed in Plug's ultra crisp sound system with leg vibrating bass and a raised intimate DJ booth that keeps you well and truly involved in the action, not to mention state of the art visuals, lighting and productions, you can expect to be kept dancing until the early hours.

OTR has always prided itself on providing you with one of the most upfront music policies and DJ bills you could expect to hear. Laying witness to this OTR has welcomed some of the worlds leading most prolific artists to its decks including Rank1, Aly & Fila, Menno De Jong, John O’Callaghan, Cosmic Gate, DJ Shah, Matt Hardwick, Simon Patterson and Agenlli & Nelson, not to mention our foremost resident Sean Tyas.

October 2009 sees this trend well and truly continue with the official re launch of OTR at our home ‘The Plug’. As can be expected with OTR we are bringing you a star studded line up, head lined by none other then John ‘00’ Flemming, Solarstone and Jon O’Bir. In addition to this we bring you 2 of the finest local stars James Alexander & Hiddengenda. As always you can expect the same top productions and laser’s to fully ensure this is going to be a night that should not be missed!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAIN ROOM
John ‘00’ Fleming
Solarstone
Jon O’Bir
James Alexander
Hiddenagenda

TICKETS - £8 ADVANCED // MOTD // AVAILABLE ONLINE // THE PLUG BOX OFFICE // TELEPHONE SALES 0114 2413040

VENUE- The Plug, Matilda Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 4QD

OFFICIAL PRE PARTY – To be held at Statik FKA as Takapunas 19:00 – 22:30
- Entry is free
+ Various drinks promotions

Pre Party Line Up -
Mike Beaumont & Shambles
Jamie Harrison & Chris Melton
Harvey & Matt Lickess

LIVE BROADCAST - We are proud to announce the night will also be broadcast world wide live on After Hours radio from 22:00-06:00 (excluding Solarstones set). Make sure you are part of it!

WEB - www.otr-online.co.uk

CONTACT - Phone Alex - 07843275922 // Dave – 07528051438

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESS RELEASE –

JOHN ‘00’ FLEMMING aka JOOF is a man that needs no introduction; so it is with great pleasure we bring him to you as one of our headlining acts for the huge re launch of OTR. After playing high profile gig after gig at some of the worlds leading club nights and festivals John 00 Fleming is one of few artists in dance music that has preserved underground respect whilst enjoying commercial success during a career spanning two decades.

His ability to transcend genres in a quest to take great music to the masses has resulted in a unique and sought after sound that is purely JOOF. A pioneering producer and DJ, John 00 Fleming has led his own movement across the global dance scene, respected by artist’s world wide.

In clubs, warehouses, basements, festivals and charts across the world, John 00 Fleming has well and truly earned his reputation as one of the most in-demand and well respected artists in dance music.

Next on the billing is the world renowned SOLARSTONE – Solarstone brings together a clear and abiding love of melody with an intrinsic, perceptive aptitude for floor-shaking performances. Being one of the true sculptures of Trance today; Solarstones productions can only be described as the epitome of the genre, with tracks like SevenCities and Solar Coaster becoming known as defining tracks of what Trance is today.

Solarstones career to date has seen him play for the majority of the super-club brands (inc.Cream, Ministry of Sound, Gatecrasher, Slinky & Euphoria) and spun alongside the worlds best-known DJs many times over.

Unlike many other spinners he also maintains a huge home-country following, playing almost as much to UK audiences as to ones abroad. Solarstones worldwide travels have also taken him to some of the biggest events and festivals across the globe, and also some of the most remote. Over the years these have included islands in the Philippines, bush parties in Australia and massive festivals in the heart of Brazil. Back on home turf in the UK and making his much awaited OTR debut, Solarstone is set to take you on a musical journey as only he knows how

After playing at OTR last year and putting in nothing less then a blistering performance, we welcome JON O’BIR back to OTR once again to well and truly raise the roof of Plug – JON O’BIR is a name that’s been splashed across the industry since he catapulted to the front of the line in 2002 after winning a prestigious competition run by Passion and M8 magazine. In the seven years since this Jon has gone from strength to strength in gaining respect, fans and accolades

His undisputed skills have meant his diary has featured some of the world’s most established and respected events including gigs at Global Gathering, Radio One’s “One Big Weekend” and their “10 years of Ibiza” live from Space, Homelands, Gatecrasher, Goodgreef, Slinky, Planet Love in Dublin, 1015 in San Francisco, Gossip Club in Vietnam, Cream at Amnesia and Passion to name just a select few.

Main room artillery support comes from none other then rising stars James Alexander and Hiddenagenda. After knocking up numerous gigs between them at nights like Passion and Goodgreef these boys are set to ensure this is going to be a night that will be talked about for months to come!

See you on the dance floor

The OTR team

www.otr-online.co.uk

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR OTR's OFFICIAL RE LAUNCH AT 'THE PLUG' SHEFFIELD - ADVANCE TICKETS ONLY £8!!! You can't say any fairer than that. Its gonna be massive!.......

TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM - http://www.the-plug.com/off-the-rails

+ The Plug Box Office // Telephone Sales 0114 2413040

Well its safe to say our first worldwide broadcast of OTR 'BEAT THERAPY' went off with a bang on AH yesterday, with guest mix's from non other then Jon O'Bir and residents Hiddenagenda! If you missed it don’t worry, we have a slot every month bringing you the finest music courtesy of OTR residents and guest headlining DJs! We will also upload this months show to our web site asap - www.otr-online.co.uk

TUNE IN EVERY FIRST SATURDAY ON AH.FM 15:00 - 16:00 GMT

n144580119123_1870.jpg

Hey guys,

We have received some news that we're very proud to share with you…
… We're extremely excited to announce that OTR residents Hiddenagenda have won trackitdown.net's Trance Awards DJ competition, with the prize being a set at the The Gallery presents Trance Awards at Ministry of Sound in London tonight (Friday 9th October).

The pair were announced as 1 of 4 winners and will be featuring in 'The Baby Box' room alongside the other competition winners. Also on the line-up in the main room and main bar areas are none other than Markus Schulz, Menno de Jong, Simon Patterson, Sean Tyas, Jerome Isma-Ae and Claudia Cazacu.

The club have been able to offer £10 paying guestlist places for any friends and fans who want to come along to show their support at the event. So, if you'd like to come to the event get your full names to us by Wednesday evening and we'll pass them on to get you £10 paying guestlist places. Otherwise tickets for this event are priced at £12 and £15 on the door.

Hope to see some of you at MOS tonight for what we can safely say is going to be one of their biggest gigs to date.

See you on the dancefloor

OTR team!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that tickets are selling fast for OTR's huge and long awaited re launch at 'The Plug'!!!

With nearly 1000 confirmed guests on facebook and the highest tickets sales we have EVER had for OTR so far, OTR is well and truly back and the roof is going to get torn off Plug!

Get your advanced ticket in now for just £8 and make sure you're part of it!

See you there

OTR team x

Well boys and girls,

With just a matter of days to go, here is a chance to get up, close and personal with the man himself 'John 00 Fleming' before his highly anticipated set at this Friday's OTR.

John is set to put in nothing less then a blistering performance for OTR's eagerly awaited come back, which is not to be missed!

So before his gig, here is what he had to say.

Hello John and thanks for taking the time to speak to us -

Q1)
HOW ARE YOU TODAY?

A) Knackered!! Well you asked! Just got home from a gruelling two week tour of Australia with none stop flights in between. The 24 hour flight home was the final killer.

Q2)
FIRST OF ALL WHAT DOES THE ‘00’ STAND FOR?

A. In the early days, DJ’s had stage/gimmick names, so I was forced to join the game. Fleming is my real name, and Ian Fleming (no relation) created the James Bond character, so a play on words and John 00 Fleming was born.

Q3)
DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS...

A. Real Trance DJ

Q4)
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH TRANCE AND HOW DID YOU GET INTO IT?

A. I got hooked way back in the early 90’s with the birth of the Goa Trance scene. Many people in today’s Trance scene never look back at the routs of Trance and have no idea that Trance was born this way.

Q5)
WHAT OR WHO WAS THE INFLUENCE ON YOU THAT LEAD YOU DOWN THE PATH TO PSY-TRANCE?

A. I never took a Psy-Trance path, I’ve always played pretty much the same sound, it’s the genres around me that are changing. Electro became breaks, House became Electro, Techno became Trance, Trance became…err pop music (!), Pure trance seemed to get labelled Psy-Trance. All very confusing!

Q6)
ONE OF THE GUYS INVOLVED IN OTR IS PUSHING TO INTRODUCE PSY-TRANCE TO EVERY EVENT, BEING AT THE FOREFRONT OF BRINGING PSY-TRANCE TO THE MASSES IN THE UK WITH YOUR PSY-TRANCE EUPHORIA COMPILATIONS, WHERE DO YOU SEE ITS PLACE ON THE SCENE IN THE FUTURE?

A. The OTR are smart promoters, they are moving with the times. For far too long we’ve been stuck in a terrible cycle of bigger brands booking the same old style acts. This sound is starting to tire and get a tad commercial too. We can’t hide the fact the UK scene is in a mess, we need promoters like OTR to get us out of this rut. The regular Trance scene is far too commercial and attracts none music lovers, where as Psy-Trance is all about the music lovers, its serious music for likewise clubbers. This is what the UK scene was always about having a room full of passionate music lovers together.

Q7)
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE TUNES AT THE MOMENT?

A. They're all huge!

Q8)
WHAT IS THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT OF YOUR CAREER AS A DJ AND PRODUCER?

A. Playing to a million people in Brazil. This wasn’t for a ‘free’ outdoor event as other claim as their trophy, this was an organised event in Sao Paulo with just one stage of music, it’s difficult to say what it was like performing to that many people.

Q9)
IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE BETWEEN DJ'ING AND PRODUCING, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?

A. I’ve always been a DJ first, this will also be my first love. This is evident in my DJ sets too, as I prefer to play proper DJ sets using the music as a tool to control the dance floor and not promote my own tracks!

Q10)
AWAY FROM THE MUSIC SCENE, WHAT DO YOU DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?

A. I love water sports and cars. Since a really young age I’ve been messing around in the sea. It has to be something fast with a big engine! The same goes for cars. If I wasn’t a DJ I’d be a car designer. My dream is to customize cars commercially, but this will always continue to be a dream as I don’t have the time.

Q11)
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FILM?

A. I never watch them.

Q12)
WHAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE IN YOUR LIFE OR HAD DONE TO YOU?

A. Being run over by a speed boat….was a tricky moment!

Q13)
IF YOU COULD BE ANY ANIMAL WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

A. Rabbit, so I could experience what it's like to be my own bunny of 10 years; Buddy.

Q14)
IF YOU COULD HAVE DINNER WITH THREE PEOPLE, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD THEY BE?

A. 1) My grandfather, I was really young when he died so I never got to know him.
2) The queen, I've always loved the royal family, would love to meet the 'real' person.
3) This is a weird one, but Osama Bin laden, to show him all westerners are not evil. It's a waste of lives everyone killing each other :(

Q15)
SUN, SEA & SAND HOLIDAY, OR BACKPACKING/ADVENTURE HOLIDAY?

A. Adventure by far. I can't cope with sitting on the beach being board all day. Why travel somewhere and not see the country you’re visiting.

Q16)
ONE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT YOU COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT?

A. My lap top! It's my organizer, record box, studio, office and much more all in one!

There's just one last thing we need to know. This is the re-launch event for OTR and every indicator suggests it is going to be huge!

Q17)
SO WHAT SHOULD THE OTR CROWD EXPECT FROM YOU?

A. A proper injection of some serious Trance music!

Thanks again John and we look forward to seeing you at the OTR re-launch on the 23rd October at 'The Pug' in Sheffield.

We hope you can all join us too!

OTR team

Back