NYC recommendations.....?

louisem30

hey fellow spotlighters.....
I'm heading to New York next month and looking for some recommendations to check out a club or two while out there :D

Just booked tickets for Verboten on the Friday night to see Jamie Jones - sounds like a good choice (will give review on my return)

Cielo is decent. Went there for Gel Abril on a cold Thursday night and the place was full of happy people!

Done Marquee for a 7 hour set by Jamie Jones, again, full of people. Just didn't particular like the venue.

Sankeys (the old venue in Manhattan), was as what you would expect for a Sankeys. I know they moved to Brooklyn, but unsure if it's still there anymore.

There's places like The Panther Room, Output, Verboten, Pacha and Space amongst others.

My advice would be to check out Resident Advisor and see if anything tickles your fancy :)

Checkout "Output" in Brooklyn!

Sankeys finally didn`t open in Brooklyn...So Sankeys NYC is history. Such a shame! The Manhattan venue was ace! Had a great night there with Lawler and the Viva Warriors.

Lou - if you are there on a Monday then check out Cielo for Francois K's Deep Space night. Very very cool.

Also have a look out if there are any boat parties on - Danny Krivits night 718 Sessions do a few boat things over the summer. I went when i was last there - loads of vocal house and disco as the sun sets over the Manhatten skyline - one of the best musical experiences i have had...

Thanks all for the replies, went ahead and booked tix to verboten on the Friday night so probs only going to go over to Brooklyn that night & then try somewhere in Manhattan on Saturday/Sunday

Cheers Si, but we fly back on the Monday night :( Will check out the boat thing though as that sounds like my kinda thing :lol:

As always appreciate the views of fellow spot lighters

I would do Cielo as well! Legendary club located in the Meatpacking district. Small, but very nice with a brilliant (a bit older) crowd!

Pacha NYC is worth to checkout as well! But depends very much on the lineup, as the crowd could be a very different one.

Check out some dingy bar on orchard st if your there on a Tuesday night. Usually tim sweeney and what guest he has on the radio show that night do a set there.

I would do Cielo as well! Legendary club located in the Meatpacking district. Small, but very nice with a brilliant (a bit older) crowd!

Pacha NYC is worth to checkout as well! But depends very much on the lineup, as the crowd could be a very different one.

Paul Van Dyk playing Pacha on the Saturday when we there, very tempted by this

Sullivan room and shelter are gone.

Verboten will be good for Jamie but prepare for a packed house.

Blkmarket boat on Saturday will be good but it's a little pricey. There's usually an after party too.

Sunday is the first Lee Burridge all day I dream party of the season. Go. It's sold it but buy a ticket from somone there or online off someone on RA.

Back