Numbers...

PaulSub

I don't know about anyone else but this year compared to last (and the few before) the clubs havent been anywhere near as busy so far. This is bloody great and has made most nights much more enjoyable and comfortable like they were in the mid 90's

But I do wonder why? There were noticably fewer Americans (around the same as in 2001). Perhaps it's new clubs like pinup et al that are distributing people a little more evenly around the island at any one time? Certainly Bora Bora and Salinas have been pretty busy during the day.

Thoughts?

I thought there was less people around, still loads, but not as many as previous Openings and that was 4th time I have been in June. I was talking to a couple of promoters and they say numbers are down but they think it's cos there is sooooooooo much choice now and people seem to be making choice, say only going to Underwater or Subliminal and Ministry or Pacha. People think Pacha could have shot themselves in foot this year cos at end of day altho line-ups are fab you would have to be proper Pacha nut to go there every night.

Even Space was less crowded than previous 2 Openings, still busy but it's good to have bit of room to dance. But I thought Bora Bora was still as busy as ever whenever we were down there so I think there's still same number of people on island, people are just being a bit more choosy about where they go.

PaulSub said:
Perhaps it's new clubs like pinup et al that are distributing people a little more evenly around the island at any one time? Certainly Bora Bora and Salinas have been pretty busy during the day.

Thoughts?

That would definitely make sense.

Everyone keeps going on about how numbers being down is really awful (well I spose it is for the promoters) but I don’t see it as necessarily being a bad thing. Room to dance is definitely an advantage.

PaulSub said:
There were noticably fewer Americans (around the same as in 2001).

I think part of this has to do w/ the value of the USD vs the Euro. Now, an 8 Euor water is more like $10 for us. Not to mention well over $1k just to fly there. It leaves only the affluent US clubbers to make the trip.

Personnally, I love hearing this. Part of the Ibizan charm for me is the mixture of cultures and getting away from my fellow countrymen. I loved my first trip in 2000 when I rarely ran into other Americans.

C U in Sept.

lat year: 40 percent less people on the island if im not mistaken, clubs werent that full! except for that horrible nite in space!

i thought that i'd read somewhere that bookings were up this year on last

no doubt it will be busy by the time we go

robo ill strangle you if i ever come across you some day hihihih!!!! you have to take me to space one day and show me "the wonders" of the place - but admitted, the outdoor small terrasse was nice....not the big one, mind you!

Back